C h a p t e r 1 9

"So he's just a guy from your old job?" Lauren asked as she turned her body and studied her body in the mirror. She was wearing leggings that fit her backside perfectly and a flannel.

"Yeah- will you stop?" You confirmed and protested.

"What?" She asked flustered. She looked cute flustered. It looked as if no muscle in her face was moving and she was slightly frightened but it also looked adorable.

"Doing that- scanning your body in the mirror every five minutes like theres somethin' wrong with it." You said as you wrapped your arms around her waist from behind.

"You're so perfect." She said quietly as you watched the both of you stare into the mirror. You smiled at her compliment and kissed her cheek.

"C'mon. Lets go." You said as before grabbing her hand and leading her out the door.

The drive to the location was silent but the radio played quietly. Once you came to realization of what was playing you chuckled. All Of Me by John Legend was playing. The song described exactly what you felt about Lauren.

Her soft voice was singing along to it. You glanced at her and smiled. She was absolutely beautiful. She was effortlessly beautiful and her voice was so soothing.

Your thoughts went blank when you pulled into the parking lot of the pub You and Niall agreed to meet at. You sighed quietly and looked at Lauren when you turned the ignition off.

"How're you feelin?" She asked. Her piercing green eyes were staring into your eyes.

"Nervous actually.. I know I shouldn't feel nervous but I haven't seen Niall in a while.. As well as Tommy but that wasn't very long." You told her. You chuckled and looked down, "I know, it's stupid."

"No, no, no. It's not stupid. You have every right to feel nervous." She said. That kind of eased your nerves so you got out of the vehicle, as well as the beautiful girl.

She held your hand as you both walked into the pub. The pub wasn't very big so you immediately spotted Niall and Tommy sitting in a booth next to each other at the back of the building.

"Hey guys!" You greeted them. Niall and Tommy stood up and hugged you afterwards.

"How's it going?" Niall asked as you all sat in the booth again. Niall and Tommy took their previous seats while you and Lauren sat across from them.

"Good, good." You told them. You followed Niall's gaze, landing on Lauren.

"Oh! This is my Girlfriend, Lauren." You told Niall and Tommy. He smiled and they shook hands.

"It's nice to meet you." Niall said as they shook hands. Lauren nodded and said the same exact words as Niall said.

"It's nice to see you again." Tommy said and smiled at Lauren. She reciprocated his words and smiled.

"So uh whata bout you guys? How's it been?" You asked, very curious of what they've been doing.

"It's been great. I got a job down here , surprisingly but yeah I live with Niall.. Since I remembered that he had lived down here." Tommy told you.

"Yeah uh I wanted to help him get back on his feet so I took him in and he's saving up for some things that'll help em out later on." Niall continued.

The waiter came and the conversation ended. The rest of the night went smoothly, Lauren and Niall got along fairly well. Tommy Gun was happy to see you, as well as you were happy to see him and Niall. After watching a game of football, eating some hot wings, and a couple pints of beer, you decided to head home. Your goodbyes with Tommy an Niall were short because Niall was drunk and needed sleep so everyone left right away.

"That was fun." Lauren said as she fastened her seatbelt on. You did the same and smiled at her before starting the car.

"Yeah.. It was great. I'm glad you got along well with them." You told her as you left the parking lot of the pub.

"Niall.. Is.. Seems interesting. How do you know each other?" She asked.

"I used to live here and Niall's dad had just got a job transfer to here. He lived next to me and we also went to the same school. Over the years we had been good friends until I left to Miami." You said. The last words were almost inaudible.

"When did you leave to Miami?" Lauren asked, regretting the question after she said it due to your mood change when you told her you left Vancouver to Miami.

"My family- It's really really complicated." You said quickly.

She stayed quiet but put her hand on yours understandingly. The rest of the drive was quiet and steady breathing filled the car.

When the two of you got to both hers and your apartment you stayed quiet when walking up the stairs. Lauren finally spoke when she opened the door to their home.

"Ugh- I'm tired." She said letting her flannel slip off her torso.

You grabbed her hand and lead her to the living room. You sat down and she stayed standing up between your legs. You kissed her flat toned stomach before she straddled your hips.

"I love you." She said quietly.

"I love you too." You reciprocated. She smiled and leant forward, connecting your lips.

You smiled as you pulled away. She looked flustered as she wrapped her hands around your neck.

"I thought you were tired?" You asked smiling. She giggled and sat next to you on the sofa.

You lied down and patted the half empty spot next to you. She understood what you meant and lied down next to you. Your arm draped loosely above her hip.

"Night." You whispered before kissing her shoulder blade and closed your eyes.