C h a p t e r 4 2

"Babe.. Babe?" A soft voice was saying as your body was shaking. You opened your eyes to find Ariana next to you, trying to wake you up.

"Hi- uhm good morning." You said rubbing your eyes. She kissed your cheek and began trailing kisses to your lips but you quickly stood up.

"Ari can we talk real quick?" You asked. A worried look splashed onto her face, which really hurt but some things were just not meant to be.

You sat down and turned your body so you were facing her.

"I've been thinking. I think we should see new people. I mean.. I think you should see someone new." You told her. Tears formed into her eyes, only making in harder for you.

"What do you mean? Why?" She asked, eager to find a reason.

"Look. I have a lot going on right now. A lot that you wouldn't understand. There's a lot you don't know about me. I feel like I don't deserve you.. And that you deserve someone-" You were saying but she cut you off.

"You deserve me. I deserve you. We can keep it and believe it that way. Don't give up on us now. Please." She said. She was holding back the tears and sobs from falling.

"I'm not giving up on us. This is for the best. Trust me." You told her. She looked down and grabbed your hands. Quiet sobbing filled the silence and you felt her tears falling onto your hands.

You stood up and pulled her in for a hug.

"It's okay." You whispered into her ear. Her arms were squished up between you both when you wrapped your arms around her.

She pulled away and wiped her eyes. "I just thought that you were the love of my life. I love you."

"Don't think of it that way. Please.. I really really like you. I love you but I just have a lot going on.. You have no idea. And if anything happened to me.. I don't want you to be affected by me being hurt or even worse. I promise this is for the best." You told her.

"I think I need time. We can still be friends.. Maybe.. But right now I need time and love. Please, you should leave. I understand everything you're saying." She said as she began calming down. She lead you to the door and opened it.

"Don't forget about us." She said before closing the door. You looked down and tried to process all of this. What if this is a mistake?

Only time will tell.

You jogged to your car and got in. You pulled out and drove to the bar nearby Niall's.

After finding a parking spot, you parked the black vehicle and entered the small bar.

You walked straight to the bar and sat in a stool. The familiar blonde girl approached you.

"Hi what would you like?" She asked.

"A pint and shot of vodka." You said. She turned around and began making your order.

In two minutes, she had your beer and shot ready.

"Thanks." You said before downing the shot and closing your eyes shut as the taste filled your mouth. She rested her elbows on the table and began scrolling on her phone.

"Do you ever wanna just ditch town and go for a vacation. You know- just to get away from things. People?" You asked the blonde who now had blue at the end of her hair, since last time you saw her, her hair was grey-ish white.

"All the time. You have no idea." She said as she grabbed a can of Pepsi from the mini fridge behind her.

"Yeah.. I figured I wasn't the only one." You said just above a whisper.

"You.. Got something going on?" She asked, noticing the mood you had as she cleaned a pint cup.

"No. Well yeah.. I just broke up with my girlfriend- ex girlfriend.. To get back with another ex. Plus I'm stressing over a job I have to do tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure I got fired from the last job." You told her before downing a big sip of the beer.

"Don't stress over jobs and girls. It's probably the worst things you can tress over." She said and laughed. You chuckled and figured she was right. Don't let people and work stress you out.

You downed the rest of the beer and stood up.

"I should go. See you 'round." You waved the girl goodbye. She waved back and smiled before you walked out and made your way to the black car.

You started the ignition and began driving, not knowing where to go.
You sighed before driving down the familiar street.