Sleep- vance hopper

It's 4 am and I can't sleep help me ( true story btw💀) not spell checked cuz I'm lazy asf and never do it anyways

Your pov
I haven't been able to sleep for months now. I get 1 hour and that's usually it. I just can't fall asleep. A part of me just doesn't get tierd and the other part is fear.

You may call me childish for having a fear of sleeping but my mind constantly tells myself that " if you fall asleep you won't wake up ever again".

I always come to school with red puffy eyes and look like shit. Teachers have been suspecting I'm coming to school high or drunk or on drugs.

My parents keep explaining the real reason but they refuse to believe it. My boyfriend vance  and my friends are getting super worried about me.

I'm walking to school with vance and his friends. I can barely see straight and I'm walking in lines. " yo sycophant stop walking in lines like that just walk normally" his one friend speaks up and I look up at him

" shit" he says and looks at everyone else with furrowed eyebrows. Vance sighs and takes me and we walk away from everyone else.

" what's going on with you" he asks looking at me like a worried mother. " nothing I'm just.. tierd" I say mumbling.

" don't give me the tierd bullshit y/n. This has been going on since February and now it's April. You either tell me your tierd or you have a headache or your sick." He says and grabs my hands holding them.

" your not okay y/n" he says and I look up at him. His eyes widen. I furrow my eyebrows and go to the bathroom to look into a mirror. Jesus

I have giant purple and red circles around my eyes and they're dark red. I look absolutely horrible.

" y/n I'm taking you home" vance says and grabs me. " no no it's okay vance" I say and he looks at me. " you look like the fucking walking dead! Your not okay" he says and takes me to the office.

He knocks on the office door and my principal opens it. " hello?" She says. She looks at me and sighs. " what did I tell you about coming to school high young lady" she raises her voice and points her finger in my face.

" she isn't high. There's something wrong with her. Just please let me take her home?" Vance says annoyed with the principle.

She nods and writes off a note and gives it to me. " if a teacher yells at you for not being in class tell them I wrote you a note to let you go home" she says and we nod and leave the office.

We walk down the hall and thankfully see no teachers. We reach the door and Vance opens it for me and lets me walk out.

He goes beside me and holds my hand. I lazily grab it back. We walk and walk until we reach my house. Vance takes out the key from his pocket that I gave him to he could come in any time he wanted to.

He unlocks the door and we walk in. I take my shoes and backpack off and wait for him. He comes and leads me to my room.

We get in and I lay on the bed and he does as well. " talk to me. Tell me what's going on" vance whispers  while kissing my head.

" I'm scared to go asleep. It's stupid and childish and makes me look and sound weak. I remind my self over and over that if I go to sleep I'm going to die. Ever since January it's been going on but got bad in February. I would force myself to stay up at night and then now I don't even have to force myself I just don't get tierd. I get two hours of sleep If I'm lucky. Usually it's only one hour."

I confess to Vance and be rubs my back while playing with my hair and nuzzling his head in my neck kissing it softly. " I'm sorry you feel that way baby. I will do everything I can to help you. My mom has these sleeping pills that when you take them you can't even function anymore until you close your eyes and fall asleep. I know you don't want to cause your scared but please. It takes years off your life and just seeing you like this everyday breaks my heart. I'm not trying to make this about me but we love you y/n. I do, your parents do, Ava, zoe, Sadie and aria do."

Vance says and I look at him and smile. " I'll try it out" i say and kiss him and he kisses me back. " try just try to get some sleep please" he says. I cuddle up to him. There's no space between us anymore. He wraps his arms around me and I put my face in his neck. " I love you Vance. Thank you for taking care of me" I say. " anything for you" he says as I feel myself falling asleep.

Vance's pov.
I stay here in this position for 8 hours long. I didn't fall asleep. I stayed up and made sure y/n was sleeping and comfortable and safe. I look down and her and smile knowing she got 8 hours of sleep.

I'm so proud of her.