1

"My love for him is like the raging sea,
So powerful and deep it will forever be.
Through storm, wind, and heavy rain,
It will withstand every pain."

Jeonghan recited the small quote written by him. They were asked to present a small poem written by themselves in class.

While reciting, he briefly looked at Jisoo. He looked like he was lost in some thoughts.

Why isn't he listening?

Jeonghan cried internally. Jisoo, Hong Jisoo is the president of their class, on whom Jeonghan had a crush since a long time.

Practically every girl in their scho has but he never gives attention to anyone. So Jeonghan never approached him. He was afraid if he would be rejected.

And if he does, wont Jeonghan be devastated? Thatswhy he always looked at him from afar.

He is a star that I can only look from a distance.

Everyone wrote some good poems. Now, it was Jisoo's chance to recite. Jeonghan was longing to hear him speak.

"A million stars up in the sky.
One shines brighter - I can't deny.
A love so precious, a love so true,
a love that comes from me to her."- he recited.

There was a calmness in his voice. Love in his words. Jeonghan didn't know what or who inspired him to write these beautiful lines but they are really amazing.

Jisoo barely talks to other students. He is the top student of their school. And you would never see him mistreating anyone. He often stays quiet as if he's lost into something.

It was the same today, Jisoo was sitting on his place, doing homework as Jeonghan looked at him while leaning on his desk.

"When are you going to stop staring at him, Han?", Mingyu (his bestfriend) asked.

"Ha.. I am just wondering, why he is always with his books.", Jeonghan replied.

"You know toppers study all the time.", Mingyu said sarcastically.

"Well fair enough... Lets go have lunch."

After lunch

It was a leisure period and Jeonghan was casually sitting at his desk looking at the weather outside. There were a few dark clouds that were trying to cover up the sun, but sun is strong. It was just spreading its wings(rays) passing through those dark clouds.

It was giving him strength and hope to do things.

Ah! Why does it seem so beautiful? Its making me feel like walking into it. But can't go. My sad life.

"So dear students, you all will be assigned a project. You need to do that in group. I will be assigning groups tomorrow. That's it for today. Meet you tomorrow.", Teacher Kwon said before leaving the class.

Jeonghan sighed.

Another project! Just how many things should we do. Do they think we are robots? Ugh!!!

Han took his bag and ran straight to his dorm. He threw everything on the floor and jumped on his bed.

My sweet bed! I missed you.

He took out his phone and checked his Instagram. There were no messages from anyone, as usual. Just being an introvert. Looking onto his ugly face (just his thought, not reality) on the mirror, he scratched his head.

"Do you think he will like your ugly face? You better get your act together.", he said to himself while looking into the mirror.

He barely had friends. Just one bestfriend Kim Mingyu who was kind of famous in school for his undefeated charms. Jeonghan was known for his rudeness.

Everyone is afraid of him. Guess they think he has some kind of bull horns and if they provoke him, they would probably be dead. Well they ain't wrong. He was indeed feisty.

He kept scrolling through the feeds when a picture of Jisoo popped up on his fyp.

Why does he look so charming? He is making me want him more and more. Those pulpy eyes, those lips, that nose. Everything! He is just. Although he never even looks at me. I just fantasize him in my dreams.

They do follow each other but never talked with each other. The day Jeonghan received a follow request from Jisoo was the day he didn't sleep the whole night. And didn't let Gyu sleep either. It was a miracle for Jeonghan and a curse for Mingyu. He kept on rambling about all the possibilities of reason why Jisoo sent a follow request and ended up settling on 'he accidentally clicked on follow button'.

They never liked each other's picture. But this time Jeonghan accidentally double tapped the post.

"Fuck!"

~♡~

I don't remember owning the two short poems mentioned. I originally wrote this story back in 2020 supposedly. I was new to everything and used to take short poems from internet so Credits to the Rightful Owners.