40

Jeonghan and Jisoo were sitting together in an empty classroom after their school. Jeonghan was scrolling through reels and his attention was taken by Jisoo's phone continuously receiving notifications. When asked, he said his so called bestfriend Mingyu's name. Jeonghan was taken aback. He texted him like 5 minutes ago but didn't receive any reply. He quickly dialled his number.

"Where are you? Uh-huh? I am coming."

Jeonghan hung up and left the room abruptly leaving Jisoo puzzled. He reached the football ground and confronted him.

"Don't you see. I am playing." Mingyu said showing him the Jersey he was wearing and successfully convinced him that it was his fault. Guilt tripping was Mingyu's forte.

"Mingyu-ya let me explain-"

"Enough Jeonghan! What do you take me for? Jeonghan-ah... Stop crying." Mingyu hugged him and caressed his hair. Jisoo watched everything from far and Mingyu noticed him. He gave him a reassuring smile.

At night

After Jisoo fell asleep, Jeonghan ran into Cheol's arms. He kissed his temple and cupped his cheeks and giving him a long peck on his lips.

He then caressed his head and tucked the hair back. He then looked into his eyes and they seemed a little odd?

"Jeonghan-ah, did you cry?" He asked.

"Well... you know I kind of acted up a little..." Jeonghan replied hesitating.

"When are you not acting up?" He taunted.

Jeonghan slapped his shoulder in annoyance, and made himself comfortable in his embrace.

"Mingyu is upto something. I don't know what, but he is acting strange. Like texting Jisoo anytime of the day but won't be replying me at times. Making fun of me again and again over silly things. I feel like he is into Jisoo. But again, he is fucking our school's nerd kid. I don't know what is wrong with Mingyu."

"Seems a bit concerning but if he wants Jisoo then let's give him Jisoo." Cheol said shrugging.

"You want Jisoo to be away from us. But he isn't interested in anyone except me. Its so obvious."

"And that is why I am afraid." Cheol said shrugging.

Jeonghan looked into Jisoo's password while he was dialling in. Then he checked his messages when he was away. He realised, Mingyu was really throwing hints to him but Jisoo ain't taking it. Either he understood his intentions and pretending to act dumb or he doesn't get it.

Either way, nothing was working on Jisoo. He checked his phone multiple times and didn't get anything suspicious so he stopped checking it later.

2 Months Later

From attending classes together as strangers to spending the nights together, they did all they wanted. They were sweet 18 and were exploring the world.

Jeonghan was walking on flowers carpet to the higher mountain, until he was bit by a thorn.

"I want to break up with you."