49

Jeonghan and Cheol were sitting the bedroom, upstairs and the elders were sitting in the living room. They were taken aback by the sudden news they got. The silence between them was evident that they were disappointed not only at the children but at themselves. They couldn't look into each other's eyes. Wook tried to be as vague as he could but what was there to hide. It was crystal clear what their actions were.

"Where are they?" Mrs Yoon asked. Wook pointed at the bedroom upstairs. The parents walked up to the door and stood there. After taking a deep breath, Mrs Yoon knocked the door.

Jeonghan's legs gave up the moment he heard the knock. His eyes were wide open at the thought of facing them. He quickly hid behind Cheol who was equally terrible at this point.

When the door wasn't answered after multiple knocks, they decided to just go in. They saw Cheol standing and Jeonghan standing behind him, peeping from a side.

"You really have some real guts, Yoon Jeonghan." Mrs Yoon spoke in a harsh tone.

"Mom..."

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your voice." She gritted her teeth making Jeonghan flinch.

"And you. Seungcheol. Don't you have a mind either?" She asked in disbelief.

"Aunt Yoon I-"

"You guys... you guys..." Mrs Choi cried before she could say her words.

"Mom... please..." Cheol walked forward but was immediately stopped by his mother.

"No! Don't come near me. You guys are disgusting. How can you..."

"How can you two have sex when you two are cousins? Do you guys have any shame left in you?" Mrs Yoon spoke completing her sister's words.

"Aunt Yoon, its not about sex. We love each other..."

"What love are you talking about Cheol? Bodily love? You guys are young. What would you know about love? What would you know..." Mrs Yoon said between her tears. Mrs Choi hugged her from side.

"Mom..."

She fell on her knees and cried on Mrs Choi's shoulders.

"What would you know... what would you know how society would look at you..."

"Aera-ya... isn't it time for them to know..." Mrs Choi said and her hold tightened around her. Yoon Aera nodded even though she wasn't sure about it.

"Aera and me aren't real sisters..."

The news was new for everyone in the room and the least expected.

"We were adopted by our foster parents when we were 5 and were raised together as siblings. We were bestfriends since the day we met each other. As the time passed, we tend to share a different relationship than normal siblings. We both felt something for each other but never spoke about it until we turned 18. We confessed infront of a priest who ended up informing our foster family. The family was really traditional and old-fashioned. For them, their social image was more than anything. They starved us for days to punish us for our deeds. They even tortured us with hot iron rods, which they used to burn our skin with. Then they fixed our marriages with your fathers, sending us away from each other."

"So we aren't related by blood..." Jeonghan murmured.

"No you aren't. Even though we loved each other, we never did anything against our husbands. We decided to let everything go and lived a new life. Now, after 20 years, we don't have any kind of feelings for each other except for the care."

"You guys couldn't be together. Can you not let us be..." Cheol asked not really confident on his words.

"If you want to, you need to leave us. Not because we love you or don't accept you. If you stay with us, you will be the one getting hurt." Choi Yuna replied bitterly.

"This society won't accept you two, whether your love is true or not. They won't think even once before naming you and tormenting you." Aera said.

"If you want to be together, you will have to live separate from us. We will act as if you're dead..." Yuna said holding her tears.

The young parents couldn't look at their children.

"Why... just why??? So you're saying, just because you two 'liked' each other but never ended up together, so me and hyung, both are supposed to separate? Just because you two lost feelings for each other, you expect us to do the same. What about the child I am gonna give birth to? Should I abandon it? Just like you two are threatening us to be abandoned." Jeonghan spoke a little harsh than he wanted to. But that needed to be said.

"Han-ah... geumanhae..." Cheol tried stopping Jeonghan but he was under the control of his emotions that he had hid till now.

"Cheol-ah, come with mumma." Yuna said giving him her hand to hold. Cheol only looked at her hand and then looked at Jeonghan who was looking at him blankly. His gaze then fell on Jeonghan's baby bump. He slowly closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and exhaled.

He held Jeonghan's hands instead and leaned, placing a soft kiss on his forehead.
"I love you more than anything in this world." He said attaching their nose and breathing on his lips.

Jeonghan shed tears and hugged Cheol, crying badly yet again.
"Its all my fault... Its all my fault..."

Cheol caressed his hair and rubbed his back, soothing him, holding back his own tears.

"You guys aren't afraid of anything..." Aera murmured.

"No matter what, we need to take responsibility for our actions. And that is what I wanted to test you for, my son. I am proud of you Cheol-ah..." Yuna said, faintly smiling.

"If only we had guts like you two, our story would've had a different ending." Aera too smiled between her tears.

"Yeah, and these two motherfuckers wouldn't have been born to torment you two." Wook finally said something after a long pause. His statement made Jeonghan roll his eyes.

"Language hyung... and yeah, really it would've been better if we weren't born as siblings." Jeonghan said which made the elders giggle.

"Yeah really.... I would have less headache in my life." Wook said smacking Jeonghan's head.

"That fucking hurts, you asshole!" Jeonghan uttered rubbing his head.

"Language, my brother."