Mixed Feelings: Not Okay = Time Alone

WOW. Now if that wasn't something that really changed things up. What are you guys thinking about that? Let me know what you think in the comments, and I hope that you keep enjoying this story. Thanks again for reading, and I hope that you continue to enjoy.

Note: I have decided that they're not going to go to their family home after all, but I don't acknowledge that until a future chapter. 
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

His heart was breaking for his wife, and the way she was currently looking outside through the windows of their penthouse primary suite; the room that they were (probably) going to be staying in for a while after everything that's happened in the past little while, including that heartbreaking news that's led to them having yet to speak to each other since they left to the hospital. Heck, even before that; it was more like since they got the news, the news that they lost another child that they'll never get to meet. And that was why Matt thought it was best for them to just come straight home, and they can figure out something for food in a minute. But right now, Matt had to do something else. He had to talk to their family about what's happening, and he was currently doing just that as he spoke to his in-laws in the bathroom. "Is everything okay Matt? Because it sounds like you're talking to us in the washroom right now." Matt sighed as he heard Antonio say that because that was the case. "Yeah, because that's where I'm talk to you guys from."

Camila agreed with her son-in-law as he said that, well aware that was the case; but she could also just hear something in his voice that was telling her that there was a reason why he was calling them right now, a reason that was not a happy one. "Matthew, I hate to even ask. But I can't help but wonder if everything's okay? I can hear it in your voice." Matt took a breath as he heard Camila ask him that, as that was exactly what the problem was. "It's actually why I'm calling you guys." Both Antonio and Camila agreed with the CEO as he said that. "It's actually about the length of you guys taking care of the boys, because uhm...we just got some bad news at the hospital." Camila got concerned as soon as she heard Matt say that. "Is everything okay with the baby?" Matt sighed. "Well, here's the thing. Turns out, we were pregnant with more kids than we expected." Antonio laughed. "So, you're having tw...wait, were? You mean that you were pregnant with twins?" Matt sighed. "Triplets." Camila and Antonio were both shocked. "Oh dear." Matt then explained.

"But we had a partial miscarriage, and we lost one of the triplets; uhm, a triplet son more specifically." Camila could just hear the pain in the father's voice as he said that, as it was clear that Matt liked the idea of having another son. "Wait, three sons?" Matt sighed. "No, we're still pregnant. We were pregnant with identical twin daughters, and then a triplet son. The identical twin girls survived, but we just lost the baby boy." Antonio and Camila both couldn't help but feel horrible for Matt, both well aware that this was horrible news. "Okay, so what do you need from us?" Matt sighed as he turned to look at Gabby again. "Me and Gabby aren't at the penthouse, we're at the family home; we're going to stay here for a bit, and just regroup. Can you just..." Antonio agreed. "Of course, Matt, me and my mom have the boys; right mom?" Camila agreed with Antonio. "Yes, of course we do; please, send Gabby my love and my condolences." Antonio agreed. "Same here." Matt agreed. "I promise. But uhm, Antonio?" Antonio agreed. "What's up?"

Matt sighed. "Can you call all of our friends, and tell them to leave us be for a minute? I don't want Gabby to talk about..." Antonio just agreed, understanding where Matt was coming from. "Of course, Matt, just take it easy and I'll call Stella and everybody; I promise." Matt agreed. "Uhm, tell Stella to maybe cancel tomorrow's surprise. You know, the real reason why we were coming here." Antonio knew exactly what he was talking about, the surprise baby shower that they were planning for Matt and Gabby (and their girls). "Right, we need to cancel that." Matt took a breath, agreeing with his brother-in-law. "Thanks again guys. Camila, I'll text you the code to the penthouse. Maybe you can stay up there during the day, and you can let the boys play with some of their toys; they can be at home in a way, we just..." Camila stopped Matt. "Matt, take a breath and just go spend time with Gabby. Me and Antonio have the boys and take care of your wife right now." Matt agreed with Camila. "Thanks Camila, love you guys." Both of his in-laws agreed.