Halstead: Time with Friends

Waikiki Beachfront Park (Magic Island Lagoon)
They agreed to go outside prior to it getting to warm, so that they could take the twins out for a bit of fresh air; the aunt and uncle wanting to do the responsible thing in getting some fresh air with the twins, while also making sure that they did it properly. But little did the doctors know that they were also going to be running into some other people while they were at the park with each other, which also led to them extending their stay; and there was a reason for that. The people that they ended up running into were some friends of theirs: Doctors Jeffrey Clarke, Ethan Choi, and Nurse April Sexton. And the truth was, they all knew that it couldn't have just been coincidence that they all went to the same park, at the same time. So, they decided that they were going to sit down together for a bit; and just enjoy some time to catch up, and just get some conversations out of the way as friends. "I have to say Will, I need to apologize to you." Will was confused as he heard Ethan say that, not exactly understanding what he meant.

But at the same time, he was also trying to make sure that he held Olivia in his lap properly as he sat in the shade. "What are you talking about Ethan?" Ethan sighed. "Originally, when you left to come here and help out Casey in starting a company; I thought that you were doing a really stupid thing, considering there was no company really built yet." Will agreed with Ethan as he said that, well aware that was the case. "Yet, you ended up ding the same exact thing." Ethan laughed, agreeing with Will as he said that. "And that's due to the fact that I believe in the mission of what Matt is trying to do. The truth is, when he reached out to me to get advice; and just some resources, I asked him why he wanted mine specifically when he already had you guys..." Will agreed with Ethan as he said that, already well aware of that he was talking about; that being due to the fact that Matt asked him whether he'd be offended if (a) he spoke to Ethan about it behind his back, and then (b) whether he'd mind if he brought him on so that he can help him out.

And the truth was, Will wasn't opposed at all; because the more doctors to help the mission of the clinic, the better. Plus, he knows that Ethan has PTSD; and that means that he can really be a true benefit to the clinic, as can Jeff. "...and I thought that you guys would be mad or something." Will shook his head as he heard Ethan say that because that was not the case. "No, not at all. In fact, Matt came to me first; and he asked me whether he'd be okay with it, because he thought that he wanted doctors that would know what they're doing. And if he wanted you, then I knew that'd be a good thing; because he knows you." Ethan agreed with Will as he said that, before looking at the little girl that was currently in her uncle's lap. "Olivia looks quite adorable there with you." Will smiled, agreeing with him as he said that. "This you practicing for when you guys have kids?" Will laughed as Ethan asked him that. "Yeah, but we aren't having twins." Ethan smiled as he heard Will say that. "To tell you the truth, I am still shocked about that."

Will was a bit confused as he heard Ethan say that. "What exactly are you talking about?" Ethan just looked at Will. "Oh c'mon, you don't think Chicago knows? Everybody knows that Casey and Dawson, Severide and Stella, and Jay and Alex had twins." Will agreed with Ethan as he said that. "And crazier, you're all having boys; well, except for Jay and Alex who had both." Will shook his head. "Michael was a surprise, they thought they were having two daughters." Ethan was surprised as he heard Will say that. "Really?" Will nodded, before hearing a new voice make his way over to her. "God, I hope you guys don't mind if I join you guys? Natalie and April turned our friend chat to girl talk." Will laughed as he heard Jeff say that, well aware that was the case. "Honestly, I was waiting for how long you'd last before you came to join us." Jeff agreed with Will as he said that, before sitting down on the ground with the guys. "Anyways, gives me and you a chance to talk anyways." Will was confused as he heard Jeff say that. "What are you talking about?"

Jeff sighed as he looked at Will. "Will, we both know that I used to date Natalie; and I just wanted to make sure you know that..." Will laughed. "Jeff, you're dating Lisa again. I think we can both agree that we're all good." Jeff laughed as he heard Will say that. "Yeah, about the whole dating thing." Ethan just looked at Jeff as he said that. "What..." Jeff laughed. "We stopped in Vegas on the way. We agreed that, if we were going to be in Hawaii...that we might as well be married, and have it be a fresh start. So, Lisa isn't my girlfriend. She's my wife...again." Will and Ethan were shocked as they heard that. "And this is what? Just two years after you tried to date Natalie?" Jeff snickered. "Three years, and we reconnected at her dad's funeral." Will just looked at his friend as he said that. "Seriously? Her dad's funeral?" Going to show his wedding band to Will, Jeff agreed. "Same one as before." Ethan snickered as he heard Jeff say that. "Well, I hope that you guys make it this time." Jeff agreed with Ethan as he said that.