You're My One and Only...Forever

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the news that I shared with you guys at the end of the last chapter? I would love to know what you guys thought about it, because I know that I want to hear back from you guys. But now, let's get to the next chapter. Enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Sylvie just applied for a job on the Chicago Sales Team that we're creating." -Gabby Casey

He thought that we was dreaming, he did not just hear what Gabby just said; he did not just hear the Sylvie Brett just applied for a job with his company, which she very much knows that he doesn't want her anywhere near. He even said so a year earlier, when she crashed their vow renewal; but now, he needs to make sure that this is not happening. He needs to make sure that his sales team doesn't even think about hiring her, which is the entire reason why he just grabbed his phone so that he could call Catherine Connor, the senior sales representative in the Chicago-Kenosha-Milwaukee Sales District. But he was not going to let it happen under any circumstances, and he was going to make sure that Catherine knows that. Putting his phone up to his ear as he continued to make the French toast for him and Gabby, Matt took a breath as he waited for her to answer; but luckily for him, he's not going to have to whisper during this conversation. And that's due to the fact that Gabby headed up to bed, where she needs to be.

She needs to be there so that she can breathe, and so that she doesn't get overwhelmed while overhearing everything that he's going to say to Catherine. He just hopes that she answers this Saturday, which she should because he's her boss. And luckily for him, she just answered. "Good morning Mr. Casey. I'm a bit surprised to see you calling me on a Saturday." Matt agreed with Catherine as she said that, well aware that was the case; but he also knew that he needed to concentrate on this call right now, rather than the breakfast. So, he decided to turn the burner down so that he could make sure that the Sylvie doesn't get a job. "I know, but there's a reason for that. And unfortunately, this call is going to be business." Catherine agreed with her boss as he said that, well aware that was the case. "And I wouldn't expect anything less, especially since you're my boss. Is everything okay with the sales numbers I sent you recently Mr. Casey? I believe they were accurate." Matt agreed with Catherine as she said that, well aware that was the case.

"Oh, it's not that Catherine; you are doing great, and I really want you to keep working on that deal with the CFD Academy. The ELLA deal of course, because I would definitely love to tell my wife that she has a new deal with them." Catherine agreed with her boss as he said that, well aware that would be the case. "Well, I plan on definitely pursuing that deal per your orders. But now, I am going to have to ask; just why exactly are you calling me the day after your anniversary?" Matt snickered as he heard Catherine say that, glad that she was aware of the fact that yesterday was their third anniversary. "Happy Anniversary of course Mr. Casey, please share the same wishes with Ms. Casey." Matt agreed with Catherine, smiling. "I will do just that. But I'm actually calling to you about a recent applicant for a Sales Representative job." Catherine agreed. "Oh, you got my message about how I like her a lot. Sylvie Brett? God, she knows her stuff and..." Interrupting Catherine, Matt proceeded to tell her. "You will under no circumstances hire her for the job."

Catherine was a bit taken aback when she heard those orders come from the CEO, but that didn't mean that she wasn't going to follow them; after all, that's part of her job. She's to follow his orders, and she's always going to do just that; but that doesn't mean that she's not going to question the decisions so that she can know what she needs to know (maybe) when it comes to the decisions. "Mr. Casey, do you mind if I ask why you do not want me to offer her a position? Because she was a really good candidate." Matt sighed as he heard Catherine say that, well aware that Sylvie can hide who she really is. "Me and my wife have worked with her in the past when we were members of the Chicago Fire Department, and she later abused my wife, who was her supervisor, and it later led to problems in our marriage." Catherine was shocked when Matt said that, which is something that clearly changed her mind about Sylvie. "Mr. Casey, I am so sorry that I even thought about..." Interrupting her, Matt shook his head. "Catherine, it's okay. She can fake it well."