Battle 2: A New Friend

Now in Viridian City, Niko made his way to the Pokémon Center. He ran inside carrying his injured Eevee.

Niko: Help! Please! My Pokémon's injured! He asked frantically. We were on our way here when me and friend got attacked by a flock of Spearow!

Nurse Joy: Oh, dear!

Niko: You have to help!

Nurse Joy: I'll have it treated right away! Chansey, prepare a stretcher, stat!

Chansey: Chansey! (yes, mam)

The two enter the treatment room. Niko watched as they went in, but it didn't relieve his anxiety.

Niko: I guess I should go call Professor Oak. Niko found an empty phone booth in the Center and called the Professor.

Oak: Hello, Niko. The fact that you're calling means that you've arrived at Viridian City already?

Niko: Yeah. But Eevee got pretty hurt on the way here. I'm at the Pokémon Center now.

Oak: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon.

Niko: Yeah. Eevee and me have been friends for a long time. I just hate to see anything happen to it.

Oak: I understand. And I hope Eevee makes a full recovery. Oh! I almost forgot to ask. Did you register for the Pokémon League?

Niko: Uh, oh, I forgot.💧

Oak: Go see Nurse Joy when you're ready.

Niko: Right. Thanks, Professor. He said hanging up. Nurse Joy inserts Niko's Pokédex into a machine and enter his profile.

Nurse Joy: There you go. You're all registered for the Pokémon League.

Niko: Thank you, Nurse Joy. Um, do you know when Eevee will be all better?

Nurse Joy: You needn't worry. Your Eevee will make a full recovery. It just needs some rest. Please be patient.

Niko: Sure.