Battle 33: Riddle me This.

Our heroes continue on their journey to Cinnabar Island. Luckily for them, they managed to find a ship that would lead them there.

Niko: Woo-Hoo! Niko shouted looking out to sea.

Duplica: You don't have to be so excited.

Niko: I'm sorry. I've just never been on a boat like this. I'm so excited! He said feeling joy.

Kota: I can understand. You did say you never left your town.

Niko: Yeah. Just wish mom and dad were here with me. He said gazing out at the sea longingly.

Duplica: By the way, do you know anything about the Cinnabar Island Gym?

Niko: Nope. He bluntly said causing his friends to fall. To be honest, I don't even know what kind of Pokémon it uses. But still, this is for my seventh badge. I'm so close to entering the Pokémon League I can taste it! He said with fiery passion. And I know that with Gengar on the team we'll win!

Duplica: You're using Gengar?

Niko: Why not? This will be Gengar's first gym battle.

Kota: We know and that's the problem.

Niko: Hm?

Eevee: Vee?

Kota: Gengar isn't used to battling, so it might have trouble against a Gym leader.

Niko: Hm. I guess so. Niko said looking at Gengar's Pokéball.

Duplica: You know, it's funny how much trouble you had when you got it.

Just yesterday....

Niko: Huh? Niko noticed that the Pokéball he caught Gengar with shrank. What the? He tried to call Gengar out, but to no avail. Uh. What happened!?

They then went to the Pokémon Center where Niko had a chat with Professor Oak. 

Oak: Oh, I see. No need to fret. A trainer can only carry around six Pokémon at a time. Simply send one of yours to me so I can take care of them.

Niko: Okay. Which one should I pick?

Oak: By the way, you mentioned your Venonat evolved recently. If possible, I'd love to take a look at it.

Niko: Good idea. Niko placed Venomoth's Pokéball in the transporter and sends it to Professor Oak.

Oak: Venomoth has arrived safe and sound.

Niko: Great to hear. Take care of Venomoth, Professor.

Oak: That I will.

Niko: Oh, before you go, I want you to meet a friend of mine.

Mew: Mew!

Oak: Oh my! Oak was surprised. To think you'd encounter such a Pokémon.

Niko: Do you know anything about Mew, Professor?

Oak: I've only read reports and documents with very vague descriptions, but seeing it for myself is truly a sight.

Niko: You hear that, Mew? Turns out you're pretty special. Mew cheered happily.

Present time...

Niko: Come to think of it, where is Mew?

In the dining hall, Mew was currently having fun snacking.

Gary: Don't worry, girls! You'll all get a chance to take a picture with me!

Niko & Ash: Huh? The two trainers run into each other.