Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble

Narrator: Once again, it's a capacity crowd cheering in anticipation as a fourth round winner of the Pokémon League competition is about to be decided!

It's revealed that Gary is competing in the match with our heroes watchin and Gary's cheerleaders cheering him on.

Narrator: But this time, our heroes are in the stands as spectators, waiting to see if Gary will emerge victorious.

It's revealed that both trainers are each down to their last Pokémon, Nidoking and Golem, and both seem weary.

Announcer: Now, Gary and Melissa are down to just one Pokémon each! Whoever wins this battle wins the match!

Niko: This is pretty bad, huh?

Misty: Could Gary win?

Brock: That Melissa's pretty tough.

Gary: Nidoking, Horn Attack! Nidoking charges forward, but Golem catches the attack and lifts Nidoking above its head.

Melissa: Golem, Seismic Toss! Golem leaps into the air, still holding Nidoking by the horn, and lets gravity bring it and Nidoking back down, but with Nidoking hitting the ground first with a monstrous thud, leaving Gary and our heroes in shock. The dust clears to show Golem holding Nidoking by the horn still and standing over his battered body.

Referee: This battle goes to Melissa! The crowd cheers and confetti falls.

Announcer: She's done it! After a grueling battle, Melissa has won a last minute upset over Gary Oak for her fourth Pokémon League victory! Gary drops to one knee, in defeat as his cheerleaders weep and mourn his loss.

Cheerleader #1: (while crying) Gary lost!!Our heroes, however, are stunned.

Ash: I can't believe it.

Niko: Gary lost.

Trace: I don't believe it. He lost? Trace was the most shocked by this development.

Misty: The competition here is really tough, guys. Ash and Niko stare in determination as the crowd cheers on.

Outside the stadium, Gary is seen walking to his car with his cheerleaders in the back, still weeping.

Ash: Gary! Gary sees Ash and Niko.

Niko: You okay, Gary? Niko asked concerned.

Gary: That trainer was lucky I got distracted by all the girls cheering for me. They're disappointed, but, you'll get over it. Won't you, girls? However, the girls aren't getting over it so easily. I'm heading back to Pallet Town, so I can watch the rest of the competition on TV. Later, guys. Gary drives away.

Niko: You know, Ash, he doesn't show it, but I think Gary's just as bummed out about this as everyone else.

Ash: Yeah. Can you guys believe Gary got knocked out? I thought he'd make it through, at least, four rounds.

Pikachu: Pika. (Same here)

Ash: I don't know, guys. Do you think we should quit while we're ahead?

Niko: It's a fine time to start talking like that!

Pikachu: Pikachu! (No way, man) Brock approaches.

Ash: Brock!

Brock: Listen. You're both great trainers, and as long as I'm around, you're not even gonna THINK about quitting. Okay? Ash and Niko seem unsure. Pikachu, Eevee and I believe in you two. Don't we?

Pikachu: Pika Pika! (Sure we do, Brock)

Eevee: Eevee! (Keep fighting)

Ash: Okay, I guess you win.