Battle 25: Get Psyched!

After traveling for days, our heroes finally return to Saffron City with Niko raring to go and battle the Saffron Gym and hopefully gain his sixth badge.

Niko: We're here. Finally!

Kota: It feels like a while since I've been back. I think I'll pass by the dojo and say hey to everyone. You two can head to the Gym.

Duplica: Okay. Let's go, Niko. The three part ways as Niko and Duplica head toward the gym while discussing Niko's plan. So, what are Pokémon are you planning on using? She asked.

Niko: Uh, I'm not sure. I don't really know what kind of Pokémon this Gym leader uses.

???: Just as clueless as ever. Niko and Duplica look to see Trace leaning against a wall.

Niko: Trace!

Trace: Nice to see you, Niko. Still trying to catch up?

Duplica: Glad to see you're still the same.

Trace: Planning on battling the Gym here? Good luck. Word is this gym is run by Sabrina, the toughest Psychic Pokémon trainer.

Duplica: She uses Psychic types?

Niko: Hmm. That could be tough. Thanks for the heads up, Trace. Niko says as he and Duplica walk off.

Trace: Ah! Wha-

Niko and Duplica stood in an empty lot where Niko called out all his Pokémon.

Niko: Everybody, come on out. Niko brought out all his Pokémon. They all stood in line and noticed Growlithe. Oh. That's right. Everyone. This is Growlithe. He's part of the team. I hope you guys can get along.

Duplica: So, what Pokémon will you be using?

Niko: Good question. Well, Eevee knows Shadow Ball, so that could help. How about Venomoth?

Duplica: Not a good idea. Venomoth's a Poison type and Psychic types are stronger.

Niko: Hmm.

Trace: Geez. Trace shows up. If you really wanna know, I suppose I could tell you.

Niko: Really? You'd do that?

Trace: Yeah, but I gotta know. Are these really the only Pokémon you have?

Niko: Yup. And I just got this Growlithe.

Trace: Hmm. So you've got six Pokémon. Well, that's impressive I guess. He said sweating.

Niko: How many do you have?

Trace: F-Five. He admitted hesitantly. But they're really tough. Like for example. Trace pulled out his Pokéball and called out his Pokémon.

Wigglytuff: Wiggly! (Hello)

Duplica: A Wigglytuff! It's so cute! Niko pulls out the Pokédex.

Pokédex: Wigglytuff, the Balloon Pokémon. The body is soft and rubbery. When angered, it will suck in air and inflate itself to an enormous size.