Battle 43: Round One Begin!

Narrator: Last time, Team Rocket tried to steal the central flame of the Pokémon League.

Team Rocket: (laughs)

Ash and Niko: Take your best shot!

Narrator: Ash and Niko battled bravely, but just when the situation seemed hopeless. Moltres appears.

Niko: No way!

Ash: Moltres!

President Goodshow: Moltres is back!Moltres destroys Team Rocket's robot.

Narrator: With Team Rocket defeated, and the central flame burning brightly atop Indigo Stadium, trainers from around the world are now ready to compete in the Pokémon League competition.

Back in Pallet Town, at Professor Oak's lab, the good professor, Ash's mom, Mimey, Niko's parents and all the supporters are watching the competition on television.

TV Broadcaster: Welcome, Pokémon fans, to our live coverage of the Pokémon League competition. Right now, the trainers are about to learn where they will be competing in their first round battles and who their first opponents will be. As the broadcaster talks, the camera zooms in on Ash and Niko.

Delia: Look, there's Ash! Hi!

Samantha: Oh, there's our boy!

At the competition, our heroes are registering at one of the desks.

Receptionist: Welcome to Pokémon Village. I need your identification so I can check you both in, please.

Brock: These two can check in while I check out your beautiful smile. I could check that out all day. Misty they pushes Brock aside.

Misty: It's checkout time for you, Brock. Ash and Niko hand the receptionist their Pokédexes.

Receptionist: Are you two entering the Pokémon League for the first time?

Ash: Yes!

Niko: That's right. The receptionist puts the Pokédexes into a machine one at a time and then enters the information from them into a computer and returns them.

Receptionist: Well, that's it. You're all checked in, boys.

Ash & Niko: Thank you.

Ash: Uh, miss. Who are we battling in the Indigo Stadium?

Brock: Hold it, Ash. You don't start out in the Indigo Stadium.

Niko: We don't?

Ash: What do you mean?

Brock: At the Indigo Plateau Conference of the Pokémon League, they use four different battlefields. Rock, grass, water, and ice. You have to win your matches on all four battlefields before you can battle in the Indigo Stadium. Isn't that right?

Ash: Brock, how do you know about that?

Brock: Because I studied this! The Pokémon League Trainer's book! The source for everything, every trainer needs to know about the Pokémon League. Right, Miss?

Receptionist: That's right. 💧 Misty comes in and pushes Brock away again.

Niko: So how do we know what field we'll be battling on?

Receptionist: All you have to do is press this button. One at a time, please. Wherever the light stops is where your first matches are. Good luck, boys. Ash presses the button first, and the light lands on the water field.

Misty: That's the water field!

Ash: Alright!

Receptionist: Now, your turn. Niko presses the button and the light lands on the rock field.