Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina

After the excitement from yesterday our heroes approach the Saffron City Gym where Niko hopes to get his next gym badge.

Niko: Man. This is so exciting.

Kota: I can see why. Sabrina is one of strongest gym leaders there is. This'll definitely be a challenge for you, Niko.

Duplica: Yeah. Just promise not to push your Pokémon too hard.

Niko: Don't worry, guys. I have a plan.

Trace: Hmph! You're gonna need one if you wanna have a chance against Sabrina. I challenged her three times and didn't come close. I don't expect much from you Niko. So don't feel too bad if you lose.

Niko: Heh. Sure, Trace. Niko smiled knowing Trace was too proud to wish his rival luck.

Sabrina's Father: Well, look who it is. They look to see the man from yesterday.

Niko: Hey, it's you. You're Sabrina's dad.

Simon: You can just call me Simon. Glad to see you're back. Come here to challenge Sabrina?

Niko: Yeah.

Simon: Well then; best of luck.

Everyone heads inside. Duplica, Kota, and Trace sit up in the stands while Simon stands on the sideline acting as referee. Niko waited on one side of the battlefield. The doors on the other side open to reveal Sabrina.

Sabrina: Welcome to the Saffron City gym. I guess it's finally time for your match against me.

Niko: Yeah! And you can beat we'll fight with all we've got. Then I'll be getting that sixth badge.

Sabrina: Heh. She chuckled. You'll soon find out how truly hard that will be.

Niko: Hey, Trace. I hope you're watching closely.

Trace: Oh, I am. He said skeptical of Niko's plan.

Simon: The Saffron Gym battle between Niko and Sabrina will now begin! Each trainer will use three Pokémon and when all three of one trainer's Pokémon are unable to continue, the battle is over. Only the challenger will be allowed to swap Pokémon. Simon announced the rules.

Sabrina: Very well. Mr. Mime. Come forth!

 Come forth!

Mr. Mime: Mr. Mime!

Niko: What kind of Pokémon is that?

Pokédex: Mr. Mime, the Barrier Pokémon. It is adept at conning people. It is said to be able to create walls out of thin air by miming.

Duplica: Why'd she called that out?

Kota: Kinda figured she'd use Kadabra right off the bat.

Trace: Don't let it's looks deceive you. That thing is strong.

Niko: I can't take any chances. Growlithe, Go!

Growlithe: Growl!

Duplica: We're rooting for you, Growlithe!