Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story

Continuing on their journey after Niko's second Gym battle, our heroes stop to have a nice break. Niko and Duplica as well as their Pokémon we're having a picnic on a grassy plain.

Niko: Man, look at that badge shine. Niko said polishing the Cascade badge.

Duplica: You're taking real good care of that badge, huh, Niko?

Niko: Of course. We worked hard making these badges, so I gotta make sure it's in perfect shape.

Duplica: I guess you're right.

Niko: You guys enjoying the food? He asked. The Pokémon cheered, showing that they love it.

Duplica: When did you get so good making Pokémon food?

Niko: Well, I actually asked Brock back at Pewter City how to make it. And I think it came out pretty good. Speaking of gyms, I wonder where the next one is.

Duplica: Let me check the map. Duplica took it out of her pocket. Hmm. It seems the next place would be Saffron City. It's actually not too far from here.

Niko: Sweet. Before he went back to polishing, Niko noticed something. Huh? Hey, take a look at that. Niko walked over to get a closer look. It looked like a barn.

Eevee: Eevee! (Niko!)

Duplica: Niko, look out! Behind you! Niko looked behind him and saw what Duplica saw.

Niko: Ugh, Voltorb's. Suddenly, the two Electric types shocked Niko as he screamed. Was it something I said!? He said before collapsing.

Eevee: Eevee. (Bet that hurts.)

Duplica: I don't get it. Why did those Voltorb attack all of a sudden?

???: All right, who are you? Someone asked. The duo look to the bushes and saw someone come out.

Nicolette: These Voltorb are trained to attack anyone who comes onto our property

Nicolette: These Voltorb are trained to attack anyone who comes onto our property. And in case you didn't know it, that's what you did, trespasser! Having realized what she said, Niko was surprised.

Niko: Uh, I'm trespassing!? I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to—Ah! My badge! As Niko tried to stand up, he dropped his Cascade badge on the ground.

Nicolette: Ah! A gym badge! She gasped.