Battle 12: Crash Course

It was a brand new day and Niko is still on his journey to Saffron city in hopes of obtaining his next Badge. But today, he's decided to take a break from traveling and enjoy the day.

Niko: Ah! He sighed after finishing his juice. Man, when was the last time we sat down and enjoyed a good meal?

Eevee: Vee. (Too long) Eevee sighed happily.

Duplica: It's nice to take breaks from time to time.

Niko:.....

Duplica: Huh? Niko? What's wrong you look kind of glum. She pointed out.

Niko: Huh? Oh, it's nothing. It's just, I'm thinking about what Ash might be doing right now.

Duplica: Ash? That's your friend from your hometown, right?

Niko: Yeah. I kinda got a head start on him. He was the one who inspired me to go on a journey. I wonder where he is. He said looking up at the sky.

Elsewhere...another group of friends were stopping on their long journey for lunch.

Misty: Haaa... Misty sighed deeply.

Brock: Misty, lunch is all set! Come and get it. Brock said.

Misty: No thanks, I'm not hungry. She said down in the dumps.

Ash: What's up Misty? You've been this way for a while. Are you still bummed about your match with Wave?

Brock: Aah! Brock was surprised by Ash's bluntness.

Misty: Sort of...Hmm. Haaa. She sighed again.

Brock: This is worse than I thought

Brock: This is worse than I thought.💧 That battle must have really gotten to her.

Ash: Yeah. I'm getting kinda worried.💧

Flashback, back when the others were in Cerulean City.

Ash and Wave were about to begin their battle.

Wave: So, Ash, how does a two on two battle sound?

Ash: Sounds just fine to me! Let's go!

Wave: Great attitude. I'll start off with Seaking!

 I'll start off with Seaking!