Battle 42: All Fired Up

Narrator: Our heroes have finally reached the Indigo Plateau, home of the renown Pokémon League. Ash and Niko are approaching the competition with dignity and quiet concentration. However, the boys are celebrating the fact that they made it to their dream.

Misty: Boys, are you going crazy?

Brock: The answer is yes.

Duplica: Let them celebrate.

Kota: They have every right to be this excited after all this time. Ultimately, their celebration causes Togepi to get upset.

Misty: Now just look what you did to Togepi. Oh, it's alright, little Togepi. Togepi soon stops crying.

Ash: Sorry, Misty. But when me and Niko think about competing in the Pokémon League, we feel like we're gonna explode.

Niko: Yeah. My excitement is reaching its limit!

Brock: Explode at the opening ceremonies tomorrow.

Ash: Yeah!

Niko: Pokémon League title, here we come!

Misty: Those two are starting to scare me. The rest of the gang just stand back and watch the excited duo.

Brock: The excitement's really getting to them.

Duplica: Well, they might as well get it out of their system.

Brock: They're confident now, but just wait till they get a look at the competition.

Niko: What's the hold up, guys?

Ash: Let's go!

Our heroes soon reach the town outside the stadium where the competition is being held and see crowds lining the streets.

Misty: What's this?

Ash: Maybe they're here, to cheer for me.

Niko: Do you think so? The crowd soon starts cheering.

Ash: Hi, everybody. Thanks a lot for coming out to see me. If you want autographs, we'll be glad to...

However, the crowd runs past the two boys to greet someone else, that being a jogger carrying a torch to the Pokémon League stadium with a Hitmonchan by his side and Officer Jenny riding behind and escorting another vehicle.

Brock: It's the torch.

Ash: The torch?

Misty: They use it to light the flame that burns during the whole Pokémon League competition.

Duplica: Like the Olympics?

Brock: Exactly. And like Olympic athletes, the flame's supposed to inspire all the trainers and Pokémon who compete in the Pokémon League. Being one of the torch bearers is a huge honor.

Kota: There's a legend that says the flame comes from way back in ancient times from the flames of Moltres.

Niko: THE Moltres!?

Ash: What's a Moltres?

Niko: Here, look!

Pokédex: Moltres, the Flame Pokémon. Known as the legendary bird of fire. Every flap of its wings creates a dazzling flash of flames.

Ash starts to visualize Moltres in his head.

Ash: If that flame really is lit from the flames of Moltres, then its more than just a legend. Moltres has to be real.

Misty: And you want to catch one.

Ash: Yeah, I'll catch one and train it, just like...

Misty: Just like you train Charizard? Ash stumbles in disbelief.