Battle 21: A Living Legend

As our heroes continue their journey, they take a small stop at a nearby town.

Niko: Ah, isn't today nice? Niko said as he basked in the sunlight.

Duplica: What's got you so relaxed?

Niko: Don't know. Just feels so peaceful today.

Kota: I agree. The weather feels nice and the only sound you can hear are the sounds of nature. Duplica listened closely and heard it.

Duplica: I guess you're right. This is kinda nice. Ditto, why don't we sit and relax?

Ditto: Ditto. (I agree) Our heroes lay on the ground and take in the peace.

Niko: It feels nice to just relax.

However, their peaceful time was quickly interrupted when the sound of a stampede was heard. Our heroes stood up suddenly when they hear it.

Kota: What's that?

Niko: Tauros Stampede!

Duplica: No, look over there. Duplica pointed at a mob of people running. Wonder what's going on.

They head into town and see that a lot of people are standing around talking about something. Duplica approaches one person.

Duplica: Excuse me, but do you know what's going around here?

Man 1: What? You haven't heard!? Lance of the Elite Four is coming here today!

Niko: Lance!? Niko was surprised to hear that name.

Duplica: Who's Lance?

Niko: Only one of the greatest trainer on this side of Kanto. Niko explained. Wow. I can't believe he's coming here.

Man 1: That's why everyone's here. We heard that he's gonna be judging a local Pokémon tournament and the winner can ask for anything he wants.

Duplica: I see. Huh? Duplica spots someone hiding under a bench. She then had an idea. Hey, everyone, I heard Lance is on the other side of town! She yelled causing the mob to run to the other side. Duplica stops Niko and Kota.

Niko: Duplica!

Kota: What are you doing?

Duplica: Shh. It's okay. You can come out now. Duplica said. The man hiding crawled out and took off his disguise.

 The man hiding crawled out and took off his disguise

Lance: Thanks. I appreciate it.

Niko: You're Lance! Niko shouted but was quickly silenced by Kota.

Duplica: No problem. You looked like you were having a tough time.

Lance: Be that as it may, I appreciate the help. Say, are you three Pokémon trainers?

Duplica: That's right. My name is Duplica and this here is Ditto.