Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way

Following his defeat at the hands of Koga, Niko was currently thinking over his plans moving forward. Eevee and Machop chewed their food happily.

Kota: Still down in the dumps, Niko?

Niko: Yeah. I'm wondering on how to beat Koga. His Pokémon were just so fast.

Kota: Well, if you ask me using Elekid wasnt a very smart move. Elekid mainly uses physical attacks. If it knew a more wider range of attacks then maybe it would have been different.

Niko: Maybe.

???: Your lack of focus is what lead to your defeat.

Niko & Kota: Huh? They look to see Aya standing before them.

Aya?: If it is a battle you wish for, then I will gladly be your opponent. She stated.

Niko: Huh?

Aya?: Go, Venonat. Her Pokémon appeared.

Venonat?: Venonat.

Niko: Huh?

Kota: But, that face...

Eevee: Vee? (Ditto)

Aya?: Eheh. Gotcha! Duplica revealed herself much to their surprise. Pretty good impression, right?

Niko: I'll see. You were just like Aya.

Duplica: Thanks.

Eevee: Eevee Vee. (That was really good)

Ditto: Ditto. (Thanks) Ditto giggled.

Machop: Machop? The muscle Pokémon saw something hiding in the bushes. It went over to investigate.

Kota: Hm? Machop, what are you doing? They all walk over to where Machop was. Machop pulled away the bush revealing a Beedrill.

Niko: Ah! Beedrill! Niko shouted, frightened.

Kota: Somethings off though. Wonder if there's something wrong with this one. It hasn't moved a muscle since we've been here.

Niko: Do you think it's asleep?

Aya: Beedrill. I've found you! They look up.

Kota: I know that voice. Aya drops down along with Venonat.

Niko: Aya!

???: Beedrill, begin the test! Someone shouted. Beedrill wakes up, catching everyone's attention, as Aya leaps back.

Aya: Stun Spore, go! The attack launches, but Beedrill dodges in time and flys away.

Aya: It's getting away! Come on! Aya and Venonat run off.

Niko: Aya, wait for us!

Duplica: I'm coming too!

Kota: Wait up! They all chase after Aya. Aya and Venonat try to keep up with Beedrill.

Aya: Use Psybeam! The attack launches, and manages to graze Beedrill, forcing it to the ground.

Aya: Hurry, Venonat! Use your Tackle! Venonat charges in.

???: We've got you! Beedrill suddenly gets back up. Right then and there, Venonat runs right into a web.

Aya: Venonat! The other arrive.

Niko: What is that? Some kind of net?

Kota: Not quite, Niko. That's a web created by Beedrill to trap Venonat. And it looks like it worked.

Aya: Venonat, are you alright?

Venonat: Venonat. (Yeah)

???: Learn this lesson. Letting your guard down for even a moment can lead to defeat.