Battle 41: Bad to the Bone

Narrator: Niko has spent his days training as best he can for the Pokémon League. But now, he and his friends have decided to get some last minute advice from Professor Oak. Along with some other friends.

Ash: Professor Oak, please tell me, what should me and Niko do?

Misty: Why don't you quit now and save yourself some embarrassment?

Niko: Misty, you're not helping.

Ash: He's right, we're asking Professor Oak.

Brock: You see, we planned on training a whole lot, but we seemed to get sidetracked a whole lot more.

Duplica: Really? Niko's gotten some basic training in.

Niko: Yeah. I eat with my Pokémon, jog with my Pokémon, sleep with my Pokémon and train with them too.

Brock: Well, anything specific?

Niko: Uh...Niko scratches his head embarrassed.

Ash: Well, me and Niko could sure use a little extra coaching, Professor.

Prof. Oak: It's too late for pointers, you two. If neither of you are ready for the Pokémon League now, you should quit and go home!

Ash and Niko: WHAT?!?!?

Pikachu & Eevee: Pika?!?!?! Veee?!?!?! (SAY WHAT)

Prof. Oak: My apologies, but that's the harsh reality of it. But, if you both want to compete, I suggest you leave, right now. Both boys and their Pokémon make a dash for the front door.

Ash: Right! Thanks for the advice! The two boys and their partners are ready for the journey to the Indigo Plateau.

Niko: Dad, I'm heading out!

Thomas: Already? You must really be excited about this.

Niko: You bet. Thomas hands Niko his bag. I'm gonna go and win!

Thomas: He he. I know you'll give em a run for their money. Now go show those other trainers what a trainer from Pallet Town can do!

Niko: Yup!

Duplica: Thanks for letting us stay, sir!

Thomas: No problem. You're welcome anytime.

Ash: Hurry, mom! We've gotta go!

Delia: I'm coming! Delia puts Ash's backpack on his back. Don't worry, Ash. I think you and Niko trained more than you think.

Niko: Thanks for the kind words Mrs. Ketchum.

Prof. Oak: No matter what, Ash, you and Niko should always do your best.

Ash: Right!

Niko: Yes, sir!

Misty: Thanks for letting us stay with you, Mrs. Ketchum.

Brock: You helped us a lot.

Delia: I enjoyed having all of you. Bye, Togepi, Pikachu.

Pikachu: Pikachu. (See you soon)

Ash: Come on, guys!

Delia: Good luck, honey! Be careful! Have a good time!

Thomas: Best of luck, kiddos!  Everyone bids Mrs. Ketchum, Mimey, and Professor Oak farewell as they begin their journey to the Indigo Plateau.

Narrator: And so, our heroes finally leave Pallet Town, heading for the Indigo Plateau and the start of the long awaited Pokémon League.

Our heroes are seen trudging through some tall grass, looking at a map for the Indigo Plateau)

Brock: This looks like a shortcut to the Indigo Plateau.Soon, something dashes by our heroes in the grass.