Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Niko struggled to earn their seventh badges. Ash lost his first battle to the Cinnabar gym leader, Blaine and his Magmar. While Niko won his with his Gengar. But in one red hot rematch, Ash's Charizard took on Magmar in a fearsome fire fight! In a brilliant strategic move, Charizard unleashed a powerful Seismic Toss! Thanks to Charizard, Ash had finally won the Volcano badge he had wanted so badly. But now...

Niko: It's almost leaving! Hurry! Niko shouted as he and his friends ran at full speed.

Narrator: With Ash and Niko's seventh badges in hand, our heroes head for the next gym. But they'll have to hurry to catch the last faerie off Cinnabar Island!

Misty: Wait! Don't leave without us!

Ash: Stop the boat! Hold on! We're coming! Hey! Hold that boat!

Niko: Just a little longer!

Mew: Mew? (Huh) Mew new mew! (Look out, look) Mew shouted. Unfortunately, it came too late as a Pokémon popped out and bumped into them. Brock helps the Pokémon back up.

 Brock helps the Pokémon back up

Brock: Wow, a Wartortle. Talk about your rare Pokémon!

Ash: A War-what-le?

Niko: A Wartortle.

Pokédex: Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon. And the evolved form of Squirtle. Its tail is covered with a rich fur. It stores air in the fur before taking extended dives underwater.

Ash: It doesn't look smart. The Wartortle spoke in a panic trying to relay something. What's it saying? Pikachu grabs one of Ash's Pokéball.

Pikachu: Pika pika! (We need Squirtle) Squirtle materializes. The Wartortle spoke to Squirtle who seemed surprised by what it heard.

Ash: I wish I knew what they were talking about.

Niko: Wartortle is saying that there's a problem with its friends.

Ash: Oh right. I forgot you can talk to Pokémon.

Brock: Hold on. You can talk to them? Brock was surprised to hear this.

Niko: Well, kinda. I've been able to talk to them since I was little.

Misty: That's amazing.

Duplica: Sure is. It's probably why Pokémon like him so much. As they were talking, Squirtle pulled out a pair of sunglasses.

Ash: Hey! It's a pair of the Squirtle Squad sunglasses!

Brock: We haven't seen those in a while. Wartortle and Squirtle head out to sea and swim away.

Ash: Squirtle, where are you going?

Niko: Wartortle's leading Squirtle to its friends.

Brock: If that's the case, there must be trouble.