Battle 22: Little Big Problem

After our heroes adventure in Lapis Town, they decided to camp out and have a nice breakfast. And with a special guest at the table.

Lance: I must say. He said wiping his mouth. That was certainly delicious. Lance complimented.

Niko: Heh. Glad you like it. Niko said sheepishly.

Duplica: So when are two going to have your match?

Lance: Good question. Would now be a good time, Niko?

Niko: Uh, sure. I don't mind.

The two stand across from each other. They ready themselves for battle.

Niko: Poliwhirl, I choose you!

Lance: Dragonite, come out! The two Pokemon appear.

Niko: I've seen your Dragonite in so many battles. I can't wait to see what it can do. Niko said excited.

Lance: You'd best be careful. My Dragonote is much stronger than what you've heard.

Kota: What do you think? I know he's one of the Elite Four, but do you think Niko has a chance.

Duplica: Honestly, I'm not hopeful. This guy is more experienced than Niko. We'll just have to wait and see.

Niko: Okay, Poliwhirl use Blizzard!

Poliwhirl: Poli! It fired a wave of icy wind at Dragonite who winced a bit from the attack.

Lance: An ice move. Not bad.

Niko: That's nothing. Poliwhirl, use Mega Punch! Poliwhirl charged at Dragonite.

Lance: Stand your ground! Lance ordered.

Kota: It's not gonna dodge?

Poliwhirl: Poli! The Water type landed a hit. The three trainers gasped in shock when they saw this. However...

Poliwhirl: Whirl? Poliwhirl looked up and saw Drgonite looking down at it. Not even fazed.

Niko: That attack didn't even make it flinch! Niko gasped. Poliwhirl kept trying to injure it, but the attacks weren't working.

Lance: My Dragonite is much more powerful. But that's not to say Poliwhirl isn't strong too. Dragonite, use Dragon Rage!

Dragonite: Bawooh! Dragonite charged and fired its attack.

Niko: Block it, Poliwhirl! Poliwhirl guarded itself. But the attack was much more powerful and pushed Poliwhirl all the way to the tree were it crashed into. Poliwhirl!

Poliwhirl: Poli. (Ow)

Duplica: Lance is even better than I thought.

Ditto: Ditto. (Yeah)

Niko: You okay, Poliwhirl? The water type nodded its head.

Eevee: Vee Vee. (You did great)

Lance: Your Poliwhirl is rather well trained. Have you had it long?

Niko: Well kinda. I caught this Poliwhirl during the start of my journey. Back in Viridian Forest.

Lance: (chuckling): Is that right? Even if you met just recently, I can see that the two of you already share a close bond. And that's most important about raising Pokémon.

Duplica: Like you and Dragonite? Right?

Lance: Exactly?

Dragonite: Bawooh!

???: Bawooh!

All: Huh? They all look down and spot something peculiar. It was a Dragonite. But it was about the size of an Eevee.