Battle 37: Viridian Secrets

Narrator: Our heroes are back in Viridian City, where Ash and Niko hope to win an Earth badge. If they do, it will be their eighth and they'll finally be able to compete in the Pokémon League.

Ash: I can't believe it's been a whole year since we were here!

Niko: It's been that long? Feels like yesterday we just left Pallet Town.

Misty: Well, the Pokémon Center's up and running again.

Ash: That's great! Soon, our heroes arrive at the gym.

Brock: Guys, look! The Viridian gym! And inside there are two Earth badges with your names on them! Our heroes approach the threshold of the gym)

Ash: Me and Niko already have seven badges, we just need one more to get in the Pokémon League! We've gotta win it here!

Pikachu: Pika! (Oh yeah)

Niko: Mmmm! I'm so excited I can't take it! You feel the same Eevee?

Eevee: Vee Vee ! (You bet)

Ash: Me and you are gonna do it. We're both on a hot streak! Ash and Niko soon get a burning fire of passion in their eyes.

Brock: Wow. Those two are all fired up.

Misty: Yeah. Pikachu and Eevee are soon revealed to have set up a campfire at their  feet.

Misty: Holy smokes! Put out that fire!

Kota: Or else...But before he can say anymore, Ash finds out that his shoe is on fire.

Misty: Why did you do that, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pikachu. (Sorry, guys)

Ash: That's okay, Pikachu. You were just trying to get me all warmed up for the battle, weren't you?

Pikachu: Pika Pika. (I sure was)

Ash: With a pal like you behind me, how could I lose?

Pikachu: Pikachu! (You can't, pal)

Brock: A boy and his Pokémon, that's so beautiful!

Misty: Whatever.

Niko: Well, what are we waiting for? Let's head in! Just then, a car rolls up with a familiar laugh being heard from it.

Gary: Still playing with your cute little Poké-pals, eh, guys?

Ash & Niko: Gary?

Gary: I thought that you two would finally give up catching and training Pokémon. I figured you both went back to Pallet. But, no. Here you both are, still at it.

Niko: Nice to see you too, Gary.

Ash: We'll show you!

Brock: Take it easy, guys.

Gary: I bet neither of you have enough badges to get into the Pokémon League yet.

Ash: We both only have to win one more to get in!

Niko: Yeah!

Gary: You both have some catching up to do. Everyone looks and sees that Gary has ten badges instead of the usual eight. As you can see, I already have ten badges.

Niko: You have ten?!

Gary: Still think you both have what it takes to become Pokemon masters?

Niko: Wait. If you already have enough badges, why are you here?

Gary: I just stopped by on my way back to Pallet to see if the leader of this gym wants to battle a real Pokémon trainer. I'm Gary Oak from Pallet, and I hereby request a battle with the leader of this gym! Both guards stamp their axes on the ground and the door opens.