a mind that's been changed

You both sit down in a booth next to each other in the cafe. "So, whaddya want to drink?" You ask her.

She looks down at the menu. "Umm.. I think I'll just get water.." She says and looks away from the menu. Yoru watches from the other side of the booth. "Oh, are you sure? You don't want tea or anything? I hear they have good tea here." You say, tilting your head. "Really? Okay.. fine, I'll get a sweet tea then.

"I'll get a sweet tea, too! If you run out, you can have some of mine." You say, trying to be polite.

"Ew! No! It'd have your spit on the straw!" She yells. You're confused at her sudden outburst, and you look away, feeling a bit hurt. She notices and immediately calms down, embarrassment overcoming her. "Sorry.. I don't know why I yelled. I'm just a little nervous."

What's wrong with me! Ugh!

"Nah, it's okay." You say quietly and look at her, giving her a gentle smile. She looks at you and blushes a little, smiling back a bit.

A waiter comes to your booth. "Welcome! What would you two like?" The waiter asks, pulling out a small notebook and pen. "Two sweet teas, please." You say. The waiter scribbles it down quickly and smiles. "Okay! I'll be back with your drinks." They say, walking away.

You stretch a bit, yawning in the process. "Oh, are you tired?" Asa asks, beginning to worry if she's boring you.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up trying to study, but I got distracted and just ended up watching TV instead." You scratch your neck as you speak. She feels a bit relieved that it's not because of how she's incredibly bland, but the thought lingers in the back of her head.

"Asa, why don't you try flirting with her? If you're worrying about boring them, you must have taken some form of liking to Y/N, no?" Yoru blurts out and puts her elbow on the table, resting her head in her hand.

Asa immediately gets flustered, looking over at Yoru. "What?! No! I'm not doing that!" She yells, realizing she said that out loud and slamming her hand onto her mouth.

"..Huh? Who are you talking to?" You question with confusion in your voice, looking at the other side of the booth.

"I-I.. U-Um.."

Yoru, look what you made me do! Stop speaking to me!

"It's not my fault. You're the one who got flustered and yelled at me. Blame yourself."

What?! You shouldn't have said that in the first place!!

"Oh? Would you prefer me to remain silent and do it myself?"

HELL NO!

"Asa..? Who were you talkin' to?" You ask again, getting a bit worried. Is she crazy?

"S-Sorry.. I.. had a weird thought. It's unrelated, d-don't worry about it.."

You raise an eyebrow. "I don't believe ya, but I'll ignore it, I guess."

Oh, crap. Now I look like I'm insane.

Rings suddenly appear around her eyes, and she smiles. "Would you like to come to my home after we're finished here?" She says as her eyes narrow.

"O-Oh! Um, sure!" You say, taken aback by her sudden change of attitude.

"We could see if a movie is playing on one of the channels. Sounds fun, no?"

"Yeah, I hope we can find a good movie, though." Your face turns a little pink, and you look away.

"I'm sure we will."