then dive inside the mindset of a killer

Asa looks down onto the streets, watching the dogs bark at each other. She takes a deep breath. "Hey-"

She jerks back and slams onto the bed. "Asa, I'm not letting you be in control until you arrive at school tomorrow. You're a danger to yourself and I." Yoru says as she sits up and closes the window in a swift motion. Asa remains silent and sits against the wall. She watches Yoru glare at her from the corner of her eye. "..I'm sorry."

"Don't. You need to listen to me more. You think irrationally."

"I know I do.."

"Then learn from your mistake, Asa. I'm not going to sleep in case you try anything while I do."

"I-I won't.."

"Don't lie to me. I know what you're thinking. I'll do your homework, just tell me what to put down."

"..Okay."

After some time passes, Yoru puts her pencil down and sighs. "This is irritating." Asa stands beside her, bending down a bit. "It's not that bad. Plus, I'm telling you what to put." Yoru looks at her and narrows her eyes. "It still brings a headache."

Asa softly chuckles and sits onto the bed as she speaks. "I know, I can feel it.. um.. thank you for at least trying to talk me out of it." Yoru stares blankly at her. Asa stares back and begins to feel a bit awkward. "Um.. why are you just.. looking at me.."

"I don't need your gratitude, nor do I understand why you're thanking me."

"W-Well, it's just because, like.. I don't know.."

"You hate me, no? Why would you thank an enemy?"

"I don't consider you my enemy.. I just thought it was nice, I guess."

"I would prefer you not die. Even if I wouldn't die along with you, it would still be an inconvenience to me. I need you. You're very emotional, which helps with the power our weapons will hold."

"Um.. a messed up reason to keep me alive, sure, but I appreciate it."

"..."

"You're very confusing, Asa."

"Huh? How am I confusing?"

"Despite the situation I've forced you in, you still find a way to connect with me. Why?"

"Well, you're always here, and I, obviously, can't get rid of you. Even though I wouldn't really prefer it, you're still keeping me company. I've never really had that till recently."

"That company will be short lived, won't it? Why appreciate it?"

"You're letting me keep Y/N, and I can enjoy things even if they won't last very long. Given the circumstances, that'll have to be enough for now."

"..."

"I see."

Yoru stands up and flops onto the bed. She sits up on all fours, crawling around in a circle before resting her body upon the bed.

"Um.. are you going to sleep?"

"No. I simply don't want to sit on your chair any longer."

"Why are you laying like that..?"

"It's comfortable."

"You're trying to mimic Chester, aren't you?"

"I am not."

"You're pretty weird, y'know."

Yoru jerks her head up and crawls right in front of Asa. "I am NOT weird! Don't insult me!"