give me a moment to breathe

You blink a few times, staring at her. "If you keep insisting.. we can go to my place."

"Good. Lead me." She says, standing up and grabbing your hand.

"Y-Yoru! I don't need your help, really! I'm perfectly fine on my own!" Asa pleads in Yoru's ear.

No. You definitely do.

"You don't even know how to interact with people, let alone romantically!!!" She yells, beginning to get angry.

Another girl in our class has been reading romance manga. I also studied the movie you both watched. I'm confident in my abilities.

"This is real life! It's not a stupid movie or manga, idiot!"

Be quiet, Asa!

"HELL NO! GIVE ME MY BODY BACK!"

FINE!

Asa's grip on your hand tightens as you two walk. "Are you sure you don't wanna stay at the park for a little longer? I thought I saw some ducks back there.." You mention. "Ducks? There's ducks??" She says, looking behind you two. "We can go look at them before we go to my place if you want."

"Only because I've never seen ducks, though."

You both turn around and walk to one of the bigger ponds, and you spot a few ducks gathered together, flapping their wings at each other. "Aww, they're so cute!" Asa says and starts to approach one. "Asa, don't get too close to one!" You yell out of worry. "I won't, I just wanna get a better look at them!" She says quietly.

The ducks snap their heads at Asa, silently staring at her. One begins to approach her, tilting its head back and forth. "Uh.. Asa.."

She puts her hand out slowly as the duck continues to approach her. It stops in front of her hand, looking down at it and back up at her.

"H-Hey.. can I pet you..?" She says and kneels down. She gently places her hand on the back of its neck and starts to scratch it. The duck flaps its wings a little but lets her pet it.

The other ducks approach her, and she start petting all of them. You laugh a bit, starting to walk over. "Yo, just don't touch your face or anything. You don't really know where the ducks have been." You say, now standing next to her.

"I figured that, don't worry!" She says with a smile. One of the ducks gets in the way of another, and she starts petting that duck. All of a sudden, all the other ducks are trying to be pet at the same time.

One of them pecks her arm, and she yelps. "Ow! Hey- AH!"

You quickly pick her up under her arms, and you both start running from the angry ducks. Why are they even angry?!

"EEEK! THIS WAS A BAD IDEA!" She yells, looking behind the army of ducks waddling after you two.

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK QUACK, QUACK!

The ducks are surprisingly fast. One of them is trying to jump onto her! Uh oh!

You run faster, realizing she can't keep up with you as she's already getting out of breath. "Asa! Hop on my back!" You yell, bending over while running a little bit. She does without hesitation, and she wraps herself around you.

You hold onto her thighs and put some distance between you and the ducks. The hold she has on you tightens, but she makes sure not to choke you. Their quacks get quieter and eventually stop.

You reach the gate and put her down, hunching over to catch your breath. She looks behind her and sees the ducks waddling on back.

You stand up and stretch, letting out a big sigh. "I didn't think I'd be running from ducks today."