shut up and relax, don't lose your head

BPM: 400

Your scythe begins to glow a deep crimson as it violently vibrates in your hand. You watch the scars disappear from Asa's face as tears well up in her eyes. As you begin walking up to Mai, she drops Chester's lifeless body and starts giggling. "Awww, what's wrong? Are you upset?"

Asa grabs your shoulder.

"Y/N.. w-we can't win this.. let's try and-"
"Shut up."

You shove her hand off and drop your scythe, bending down and dashing at Mai. Before she can react, you tackle her to the ground and grab her shoulder, ripping it off and throwing it behind you. You grab her other shoulder and do the same, clenching her neck and digging your hands deep into it as hard as you can. Your fingers pierce through her neck and you rip her vocal cords out, throwing them beside you. You bash her head into the ground over and over, disconnecting her head from her body and throwing it in front of you. Ripping her chest open, you grab her ribs and yank them out of her, taking her lungs out and finally grabbing her heart. You clench it as it beats in your hand.

From afar, you can hear a rev of a chainsaw.

You stand, staring between the heart and the ground below you. Your scythe comes into view in the corner of your eye, and so does Asa. She hands it to you.

"Heart, return." Your heart pops back to normal in the blink of an eye, still vibrating.

"Heart. Tame of Hearts."

Though it hesitates, your heart wraps itself around Mai's heart as they combine.

BPM: 500

You place it inside of you as your head begins twitching. Your entire torso glows red as your heart bounces around inside of you. "Y/N.. I-I don't think we should fight. Especially you.. y-you don't look so good. Please."

"Where's Yoru."

"I'm here." Yoru appears beside you, looking at the ground beside the two of you. "I was forced out of her body when Chester died."

BPM: 550

"Don't remind me. Asa, relax and let her take over."

"..Relax? Are you telling me to relax?! Chester just.. died!"

You turn your head towards her.

"Don't. Remind me. Let her take over."

"Y/N, this is a bad idea! Please, we can figure it out later!"

Chainsaw Man begins to emerge from the leftover debris. You get closer to Asa and place your hand on her chest.

"Calm down."

"WH- ..."

Scars appear on her face, and she lets out a sigh. 

"It's a shame tha-"
"Shut up and fight." 

You begin walking towards Chainsaw Man as he revs his starter again. As you walk, you step on Mai's head, crushing her skull. Her eye pops out and rolls to the side.

"The chick's dead.. why keep fightin' me? What'd I ever do to you?!"

"I'd leave you alone and run, but I can't take my anger out on anything if I do that." Your nails extend as Mai's did before, growing a few inches long. 

Yoru charges at him from beside you, holding one of the swords and swinging it at him. You follow behind her, ducking under his swinging arm and slashing at his side. You maneuver around him as you kick his back, sending him to Yoru.