a cold soul seeking warmth

As you both leave her apartment, possibly for the last time, you make your way to the rooftops once more. "We definitely gotta stay outta sight from the public now.. hopefully when we get to an internet cafe, nobody recognizes us." You say, carrying your bag, Asa's suitcase, and her at the same time as you climb up a building.

"Maybe someone there can help us?"

"There's probably homeless weirdos, so we maybe shouldn't talk to 'em. Might have bad intentions."

As you travel across multiple buildings, you look down on the street. Cars pass by, and the sidewalks are filled with people. You spot a sign outside of a building.

It says:

"Inoue's Computer Cafe!!! 24/7 business, 2,000 yen for a one month membership!!!"

"HOLY SHIT, ASA, LOOK! THAT'S SUPER CHEAP FOR A MONTH!" You yell, pointing to the sign. "Y/N, don't yell so loud!" She leans over the edge of the building to look. "Holy crap, you're right.. it's 24/7, too.. we should stay there for now."

"For now?! I wouldn't mind living there, like, forever!"

"Jeez, let's at least see if they have food and maybe a shower.."

You both make your way down to the street, making sure not to make eye contact with anybody as you run across the street towards the cafe.

As you enter, you see a counter and multiple private booths past the counter. The booths have doors and a lock, it seems.

You hear somebody gasp rather loudly and they slam their hands upon the counter. As you look over, they're waving a little violently at you. Their curly hair bounces around as they wave. They also have a.. "I hate mondays" badge..? "HEEEY! C'MERE!"

You both slowly approach the counter, and the person grabs both of your hands and starts shaking them. "HIIII! I'm Dede! I saw you two on the news!"

You both take your hand away and back up a bit, now extremely nervous.

"Oh, uhhh.. I'm not gonna rat you out if you're worried about that."

"Huh." You're now a bit confused.

"Guys, Chainsaw Man sucks BALLS. This place had to be renovated recently cuz he crashed into here. I guess you're on the run, huh?"

"..Y-Yeah.." You say, placing your bag down next to you.

"Weeell.. I hate the guy, and you two seem pretty chill.. if you wanna buy a membership, it'll be two in one, meaning the membership will count for both of you rather than individually."

"Oh, shit, really?! Awesome sauce! Asa, get your wallet out!"

"W-Wait, hold up, you're gonna give a discount just like that?" Asa says with a confused look on her face.

"Yuh huh. OH! You two are devils, aren't you?"

"U-Uh.. I mean, cat's outta the bag since the whole news thing.." You say, looking at Yoru appearing next to you.

"Go ahead, since the.. cat is out of the bag." Yoru says, sitting on the counter.

"I'm the Heart Devil, 'n she has the War Devil livin' in her." You say, pointing at yourself and then pointing at Asa.

"Heart and War? Ooooh.. hearts aren't really scary though."

"It's more of a fear of oneself, it's metaphorical."

"Oh.. oh, then that is scary. Why're you two trying to kill Chainsaw Man, anyway? Just because?"

"W-Well, Asa here is my girlfriend and-"