trade your dreams with mine

Asa walks beside Yoshida throughout the hallways. She keeps her head down to avoid looking at him. As she fiddles with the handle of her school bag, he clears his throat to speak. "We're gonna go to the Devil Hunters Club room to talk again." He says.

She looks at him for a moment before tilting her head back down. "Okay.." She says quietly.

Yoru! This is bad, right? I mean, it's OBVIOUS!

"If worse comes to worst, we could attempt killing him."

..He's a professional devil hunter, though.. we could barely beat Yuko. I can't think of a weapon I could make that'd help.

"Then, we lie out of it."

Well, I hope I actually am a good liar.

They enter the room and Asa sits down in a chair. "I'd just like to know a few a things, that's all." Yoshida says as he sits down. He crosses his legs and places his hands in his lap. Asa continues avoiding eye contact with him. It seems she'd rather stare out the window.

"Well.. ask away, then.."

"I'd prefer you look at me during this conversation, if you don't mind."

Great.

She slowly looks at him, but stares in between his eyes so it looks like she's making eye contact. She can't hide her nervous appearance.

"Thanks. Since I heard about your classmates, I'd like to know if you were okay."

"Oh? Er- well.. it is kinda hard on me to find out.."

"I'm sure it was. Hearing about two of your classmates being killed and another disappearing is definitely hard to hear."

Is he trying to guilt trip me..?

"Y-Yeah.. I hope Hanako's okay.."

His lips curl into a subtle smile, but no other part of his face moves. She notices how awfully still he is all the time.

"Tell me about that power of yours."

"Wh- power??"

"You killed the eternity devil with some sort of spear. Did you make it? It would explain the aquarium disappearing. Poof, just like that." He says as he emphasizes the poof with his hands.

"U-Um.. I.. um.. I found it..?"

"You found it?"

"..."

"I-I found it."

"I see." He rubs his chin for a bit. "How did you simply find something like that?"

"Um.."

"You're an awful liar, Asa." Yoru says under her breath.

Her head swings down for a moment, and then she raises her head before taking a breath. "Why is it any of your business?"

He tilts his head to the side. "I'm only curious."

"Take your curiosity elsewhere. I don't know what you're going on about, but it doesn't concern me." Yoru stands up and begins to walk out of the room.

"Asa."

She continues walking and she exits the room. Once she gets a bit of distance from the room, she puts her bag on her shoulder and begins to run down the hallway.

You hear rapid footsteps behind you, followed by heavy breathing. You turn around and see her hunched over trying to catch her breath. "Oh.. are you okay? What happened?" You say and walk over to her, placing your hand on her back. She stops breathing for a moment before coughing a bit. "I-I'm fine! Sorry, I just.. wanted to get over here faster." She says and stands up while sighing loudly.