must be love on the brain

"AH!"

You throw yourself up, sitting wide awake in your bed. As you breathe heavily, you wipe your face and feel tears drip down your cheeks.

Asa groans beside you and sits up. "Y/N.. you okay..?"

"I.. uh.. yeah, I must've had a nightmare.. I don't remember what it was, though."

"Oh.." She pulls you down next to her and cuddles up to you. "Try and go back to sleep.. it's late.."

You hug her back, closing your eyes and letting out a sigh.

...

Minutes pass by, and you're thinking about a new ice cream flavor you've been wanting to try.

...

You can't sleep.

Opening your eyes, you back your head up and look at Asa. She fell back asleep quickly.

You've started to think about what she said in the shower again.

Do you HAVE to go to school today? You're not learning anything too important right now.

"Psst, Asa."

"Mm.."

"Asa."

"Wuh.. is something wrong.."

"Wanna stay home today?"

"Oh.. okay.." Well, that was easy.

You pull her into your chest and brush her hair back. "We can watch TV all day 'n make food and stuff.. just me and you. I can have Chester and Melly leave and come back tomorrow if you want."

She lets out a content hum and looks up at you, opening her eyes a little. "That sounds.. nice.."

As you place your hand on her cheek, she leans in and softly presses her lips against yours. You smile in between the next kiss and let out a small giggle.

"Let's try and go back to sleep.." She whispers before stuffing her face back in between your boobs. You kiss the top of her head and close your eyes once more.

With a fuzzy feeling wrapped around your heart and a calm beat, whatever nightmare woke you is out of mind.

...

It may have been THAT nightmare, though.

You wake to the sun beaming through the window and directly into your eyes. What a rude awakening from the sun! Every time.

The moon is totally cooler. Y'know, get it.. since it's typically more COOL at night. The sun's rays radiate heat, and, like.. never mind. That was funny, and you know it.

You rub your eyes before looking at Asa, then at your clock. You slept in, so you would've been late for school anyway. Well, maybe it was just your body knowing it didn't have to wake up. The mind works wonders, doesn't it?

Asa's completely passed out. She looks a bit silly, honestly. Her bangs are thrown around, and her hair is all over the place. You love waking up and seeing her like that. You keep a couple of pictures you've taken hidden in your drawer to giggle at sometimes. She'd totally murder you if she found them, though.

You reach over and close your blinds to block the sun out. Stupid sun, always blinding you. I'd use the moon pun again, but I don't like reusing puns.

Just kidding, the moon is WAY cooler.

Oh, by the way, I'm your thoughts. If that wasn't obvious enough since you're a little silly yourself.

You're the corny one.