the morning sun is yellow

"BWAH?!" Asa's jaw drops, and her face scrunches up angrily.

Yoru stares at you, and you look up at her hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Huh."

Not again. I misjudged the situation. Asa, you deal with this.

Yoru gives her body back, and sweat drops appear on Asa's face. Asa awkwardly begins slapping the top of your head, and you still look up, flinching a bit. She laughs and clears her throat. "U-Uhh, I saw it on a TV show once!"

"A TV show? Huh.. what show?"

"W-What show? Uh.. I don't remember the name."

"You don't remember? How do you remember that then?"

"Huh?? Oh.. uh.."

YORU! WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO ME?!

"DON'T YELL AT ME! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO MY DEMANDS!"

GOD!

Asa begins stuttering, looking to her side and back at you repeatedly.

"Well, I guess I'd remember something silly like that too. What's the point of it, though?" You ask, wondering why she always keeps looking off like she's looking at something.. or someone.

"It's like.. an ironic threat. It's supposed to be playful. The.. characters would always say things like that to make each other laugh or to say goodbye." She says, completely avoiding eye contact.

You place your hand on her head.

"Asa Spinal Cord Sword!"

She looks up at you in shock.

She believed me?! Am I a good liar? But.. I feel bad for lying!

You grab her hand and put it on your head. "Say it! It's funny now that I get it!" You exclaim and laugh.

"..Y/N Spinal Cord Sword."

Nothing happens.

"Asa Spinal Cord Sword!"

"Y/N SPINAL CORD SWORD!"

"ASA SPINAL CORD SWORD!!!"

You both burst out into laughter, and Asa holds her stomach, almost falling over from laughing so hard. "I-I've never laughed this hard before! Bahaha!" She yells, tears forming in her eyes. "Well, don't stop! It's cute!" You yell back, still laughing.

Yoru stands by, clenching her fists. "YOU'RE BOTH MOCKING ME! I KNOW YOU ARE!"

Asa was too caught up in laughing that she didn't hear you or Yoru's comment.

After she calmed down a bit, she wiped her eyes and sighed. "Did.. did you say something?" She said, smiling.

"I said, your laugh is cute!" You say, letting out a big sigh.

Huh. HUH?! HOW DID I NOT HEAR THIS BEFORE?!

Her face feels as if it's on fire, and she makes the tiniest squeak.

You smile and take the popcorn out of the microwave. As you grab her hand, you walk back to her bedroom. You plop down on the bed and open the bag. "You want some? I ain't eating all this myself." She presses the button to resume the movie and sits by you. "Well.. yeah. It's my popcorn, after all." She speaks in a quiet tone, trying her hardest to calm herself.

She reaches in the popcorn bag and takes some out, eating a bit as you two continue to watch. "Man, this movie is real corny. It's cute, though.. somehow." You comment. "Yeah.. romance has never really been my thing. Nobody wants me, anyway." She replies. It seems like the topic saddens her.