peer into the window of my heart

You wake. The moon is still shining through the window, and your head is placed in her chest. At first, you expect yourself to freak out. Instead, you feel a soft, fuzzy weight wrapping around your heart. You turn your head to the side and press it against her.

Her heart beats in your ear in a calm rhythm.

Ba-dum.

...

Ba-dum.

..

Ba-dum.

.

The pace of her beating heart quickens.

You slide your hand onto her hip in a soft motion, pulling her closer to you.

It spikes.

You lift your head and see her lip quivering. Her eyes are closed, but it's obvious she's awake. You giggle quietly and plant your face back into her chest.

You feel her hand placed on the back of your head. She runs her fingers through your hair and tucks it behind your ear.

You feel a deep sensation in your mind as your eyes close. It's a peaceful state. You drift off once more.

She hears your quiet breaths, looking down at you. She pulls the blanket up a little more, placing it just above your shoulder. She wraps one of her arms around your neck and rests her head upon yours.

For once, she can rest easy with no doubt in her mind.

The sun begins to show itself on the horizon. Its rays shine through the window.

You yawn and feel your lip brush up against something. You open your eyes and back your head away a bit. Your face somehow ended up buried into her neck.

Asa opens her eyes. She slowly blinks a few times, still half asleep. Your face is a few inches away from hers. When she realizes this, her eyes open fully and she blushes. She turns her head away.

"G-Good morning.." Her face is unnecessarily red.

You grin and promptly headbutt her. Not hard, of course.

"Ow! Hey! What was that for?!" She says and headbutts you back. You giggle and lay on your back, stretching as wide as you can. When you're done, you lay facing her again. "Did you have any dreams?" You ask.

"Well, I didn't have any nightmares.. did I have a dream?" She says, beginning to think.

Oh, I did.. we were at a movie theater.. and.. hm.. wait.. oh.

As she remembers something from the dream, her face sets on fire. You see how red she's turning. "Why are you so flustered all a sudden?" You ask with curiosity filling your voice.

"O-Oh, it was just a weird dream."

"What kinda weird?"

"Weird."

"Weird?"

"Weird."

You turn your head a little and raise an eyebrow. "You're being awfully vague. C'mon, tell me!"

"No! Shut up! Go to hell!" She yells and turns her whole body away from you. "Huh?!" You yell back in response.

You wrap your arm around her stomach, making her lay on her back. She turns her head towards you. "It doesn't matter! Quit asking!" She says, avoiding eye contact. "Uh huh.."

"If it doesn't matter, then tell me."

Asa whimpers quietly and continues avoiding eye contact.

"Why do you resist sharing your dream? It is only a dream, after all." Yoru says, kneeled down next to the bed beside her.

AFFILIATION AND BLISS [PART 1] [ASA MITAKA] [WLW]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें