go, use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle

Every few steps you take, you glance behind you to watch the three gladly follow the both of you. Asa keeps looking down at her shoes, nervously playing with her bangs.

You clasp your hand around hers, gently holding it in an attempt to somewhat calm her nerves. She squeezes onto your hand as she continues to look down. 

"Why not do it here? Nobody's around." Yoru blurts out, crawling on the ground beside the two of you. You look down at her with an odd expression on your face. You subtly shake your head no. 

"Why?"

Yoru, how many times do I have to tell you to stop talking to us while we're in front of people? Y/N can't talk to you through her thoughts like I can.

"No matter. My point still stands, it can be done here."

Not if it's a whole process.. it's not just one person.

Yoru grunts and doesn't respond, continuing to crawl next to the both of you. You pick up your pace a little since the walk, as expected, is feeling much longer than it should feel. You'd rather get it over with.

As you reach your apartment door, you can hear music playing from the inside. Seriously..

You sigh and look behind you. "Uh.. could you all wait outside for a bit?"

The three nod their heads and Asa violently shakes her head no. The thought of being left alone with them seems to freak her out. 

Oh well, she'll be fine.

"I'll just be in and out, it'll just be a minute tops, I promise." You tell her, opening the door and quickly shutting it. You take your shoes off and walk inside, and Chester is standing on his hindlegs in the fridge.

"Chester."

"MREOOOOOOOOOW!" He begins hissing as he turns around towards you, realizing it's just you. Why wouldn't it be, it's your apartment.. 

"Oh. Hey, Y/N."

"Could you turn the music off.. we have.. um.. guests."

"Guests? Guests.. ooooh.."

"Yeaaahh.."

"Do you need any towels?"

"Huh? For what?"

"The bed."

"NOT THOSE KIND OF "GUESTS", YOU PERV! JEEZ!"

"I was making a JOKE! I meant, like, when you.. y'know. Don't wanna stain the floors. Or the bed."

You groan and face palm, walking over to his speaker and turning it off. You pick him up and place him in your room. "Remember, you're a cat. Act like it."

"I always act like it. How could I not embrace my eternal AND external beauty?"

"I meant don't talk."

"Ugh. Fine, only if you act like a normal person."

"H-Huh? Do I not?"

"That was a trick. Normality doesn't exist. Now, shoo."

Sometimes you wish he couldn't speak. You still love him to death, though. Who wouldn't? It's Chester. He's adorable.

You speed walk to the door, opening it. They are quite literally all over Asa, arms wrapped around her and they're all speaking to her at the same time. They've definitely calmed down, but not in a way you'd like. You pull her inside away from them, but they follow you two through the door. She quickly kicks her shoes off and speed walks to your room, and they continue following her.