rises the moon

sorry no chrimas side chapter (yet) I had to post this first lol ill have one out MAYBE later today or tomorrow

I hope you guys had a merry christmas!! <3

It's been maybe.. three weeks..? Four? No, not four.. you stopped counting after a few days.

You decided on the second plan, since it seemed like the better option. Whenever Ukuri is in the cafe, it's all her and Asa ever talk about together. Guess they've been planning a lot.

You aren't feeling too interested in it anymore.

All you want back is how things used to be.

You'd wake up next to her, get ready, pet Chester, and either stay home and have silly shenanigans or go to school.

You miss taking notes and hearing your teachers longwinded lectures about whatever you were learning. You don't feel like you have any privacy with Asa anymore, either.

You keep asking Sizzie about those friends she mentioned, but whenever she texts them to meet up, they're busy.

You haven't felt the sun on your face in so long, or the wind from outside. Nothing but the chilly AC, the dim lighting of this dark cafe and a computer screen lighting up your small booth.

They came up with two plans, but you have one in the very back of your mind.

Giving up and running away is always an option.

Even so, you can't leave Asa.

On the outside, she seems to be taking the isolation well.

You know she's not.

In a way, you wish none of it ever happened.

Where would you be if you never had to do that assignment?

What would've happened to Asa?

Would you have still met? Would this have happened anyway?

Probably..

No.

You could've went about it differently, right?

All those mistakes, despite how small they seemed until it was made clear every decision you made mattered.

You just wanna go home.

There is no home, though.

Is this considered living?

It doesn't feel like it.

You don't feel alive.

Were you ever alive..?

Did you take everything forgranted?

What would make you finally feel alive? Going back to how things used to be?

Would that be enough anymore?

Do you even deserve that?

"Y/N?"

You look up, sitting in the corner of the booth and hugging your knees. Asa's hunched over next to you. "Are you okay..?"

"H-Huh? Oh, yeah.. I'm fine."

"I've been saying your name for the past two minutes."

"..Oh. Sorry, I didn't hear you.."

She sighs and sits down next to you, hugging your arm. "You've looked a little.. stiff lately. Like, your body language is off. You're always hanging your head a bit lower as you walk, and the pitch of your voice doesn't really fluctuate anymore. There's other things, too, but.. I don't believe that you're fine."