be the sun that shines

You patiently wait for Asa at the front gates of the park. You check your watch a few times, crossing your arms and wondering why she's taking so long.

"Sorry I'm late!" She yells from afar while running with some sort of box. As she gets close to you, she trips over herself, and you catch her. The box falls, but nothing happens to it. "Jeez, Asa! Don't run if you know you might fall!" You tell her and lift her head up.

"S-Sorry.." She notices how you look, admiring your clothes and jewelry. She stands herself upright. "I love how you dress.. it really suits you!" She says and smiles.

"Thanks, I always struggle with finding a good outfit, though." You say and pick the box up. "What's this?"

"O-Oh, I made us some lunch." She says and opens the box in your hands. "Really? That's so sweet!" You giggle. You close the box and take her hand. You two walk throughout the park, stopping every few seconds to look at the flowers on the ground.

Should I bring up her JUMPING out of my window? I mean.. who does that? How did she even land completely fine.. ugh, I don't want to talk about it.

"Hey, what's your favorite flower?" She asks, trying to distract herself from her thoughts.

"I dunno. I think all flowers are pretty. They're all unique in their own way most of the time." You say and bend down to brush some of the petals of a pink tulip. "Mine are sunflowers. The seeds are good, too."

"That makes a lot of sense. You remind me of a sunflower." You say and look at another tulip. She bends down next to you.

"How so?"

You direct your attention towards her.

"Sunflowers always turn towards the sun so they can continue to grow and thrive, right? I feel like you're like that with people, but nobody gives you the time of day to give you that light. I hope the sun decides to shine on you a little more."

...

Her cheeks fade into a light pink as her lips part. She leans in slowly.

"C-Can I-"

WOOF! WOOF, WOOF!

You both jump a bit as you hear multiple dogs barking and someone yelling at them to calm down. You both look to the right and see a tall boy with a dozen dogs being trampled and knocked over.

"Down! Down!! Quit it!" He yells out.

The voice sounds familiar.

Oh, no. Don't tell me.. what horrible timing!!!

The dogs calm down and sit beside him as he gathers his bearings and sits up. He spots the two of you. "ASA?!"

"DENJI?!"
"DENJI?!"

You two yell simultaneously and stand up.

"Who are you?!" He says and points at you, trying to stand up.

You stay silent and look at Asa. She looks at you and sighs. You can see irritation on her face.

"This is Y/N. I'm trying to look at flowers with her, shoo!" She yells and waves her hand away at him. He walks up, and the dogs start excessively sniffing the both of you.

"Why can't I join?" He asks with a pout.

"You have a ton of dogs with you! Go away!"

"You act like you hate me! Why?!"

"I DO hate you!"

"WHUH?!"

You get in between the two of them and place your hand on Asa's shoulder, looking at Denji.