decide! decide, is this it, is it just fine?

You sniffle, sitting in a corner of a dimly lit room. A small hole in the ceiling allows the sunshine to peek through. You look at Asa sitting in the other corner of the room, hugging her knees and staring blankly at.. nothing.

"Asa.. can I disable the effect now?"

She slowly blinks, her eyes drifting downward.

"..."

"Asa, I don't want it to make you feel worse."

"..Go ahead."

You crawl over, hovering your hand near her chest. "You're gonna start to freak out again, so just close your eyes. I'll hug you and try my best to comfort you so you can calm down."

"..."

As you sigh, you place your hand on her chest. The moment you do, her lip begins to quiver as she tears up. You wrap your arms around her, gently rubbing her back. "It's okay.. you can cry now since we're safe here."

She wraps herself around you, digging her nails into your shoulders. "It's.. it's not.. okay.."

"H-Hey, on the bright side, at least we grabbed some of our things.."

"What bright side, Y/N.. this is never going to end.."

"No, no, it will.. we'll win, I know we will.."

"..L.. l-liar.."

"H-Huh?"

"YOU'RE LYING! YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT TO COMFORT ME!"

"N-No, I'm not lying! I know we'll win, I'm not saying that to comfort you!"

"LIAR!" She lets go off you, trying to shove you away again. You let her, falling back and catching yourself.

"A-Asa, please, take some deep breaths. I don't wanna have to change your emotions again.."

She crawls further into the corner, hugging her knees and holding her head. "Y-Yoru.. Yoru.."

Yoru appears beside her. "Yes?"

"Take over the rest of my brain.. do it.. please.. please.."

"No."
"WHAT!"

You scramble over, holding her face. "Asa, no! Don't ask Yoru to do that!"

"WHY NOT?! I DON'T WANNA LIVE ANYMORE!"

"WHAT ABOUT ME?! Think for a second!"

"..."

"Asa!"

"Y/N, change her emotions again so I can take over for now."

"N-No, I'm not doing that, Yoru. She can calm down on her own."

"Y/N.. please let go of me."

You look back at her, slowly removing your hands from her face. She hugs her knees, resting her head down.

You sit in silence in front of her, looking around the small, concrete room you're both in.

Maybe she's right.

This whole time, you two have been fighting to kill Chainsaw Man, but you have no luck on your side. You've been thinking about how you don't want to do this anymore, and death has crossed your mind a couple of times, but..

Maybe she's right.

She keeps asking for you not to touch her. Is it because she's freaking out? Or does she not like you anymore? Is that what it is?

"Asa."

She lifts her head up, making eye contact with you.

"Um.. do.. do you hate me?"