it almost worked

You hear footsteps behind you. They shortly stop after, followed by a sigh. "What do you guys want?" Asa asks from behind you.

"Hanako never went home."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh."

You two now share a reaction, and the air becomes rather awkward. You all stare at each other.

"..Soooo.. why are you telling us, spec- wait, why do you know where I live?!" You yell. They don't respond and they push you both aside, walking inside. "Woah, woah, woah, back up!" You grab them and throw them outside. "Don't just WALK into someone's house!"

"Shut up! We know you two did something to her!" One of them yells.

"But we DIDN'T?! I don't even know your names!" The door suddenly slams. Asa has her hand on the door. She seems shaken up.

The doorknob wiggles as they try to open the door, but Asa already locked it. She backs away from the door and covers her face, groaning. They start yelling from outside the door as they bang on it. "What're we gonna do.." She asks under her breath.

"Well, they clearly think we did something.. not good.." You say.

"Yeah, obviously, it's not good!" She exclaims. The banging on the door grows louder.

"I suggest killing them." Yoru says as she's on the ground.

No! And.. could you PLEASE get up..

"Meow."

...

"I'll do it for you."

NO! NO, NO, NO, NO!

"Are you simply concerned about revealing me?" Yoru says as she stands up.

Well.. yeah, but it's mainly just the killing part that'd be the problem..

"Due to murder laws?"

No! Moral stuff!

"But they're a problem, no?"

Stop putting stuff in my head!

"Now you know how I feel."

Asa's head lowers as Yoru takes over. She unlocks the door and reaches for the two girls. She's suddenly pushed aside as the two fall onto the ground. You're standing over them and holding your knuckles. "You both trespassed and harassed me at my own home, which is good enough reason to punch you. Just leave already, we didn't do shit."

One of them gets up and tries to grab you, but you grab onto her head and shove your knee into her face, breaking her nose. She falls back once more. The other one scrambles up onto her feet and backs away from you while holding her cheek. "You ARE a freak! Who does that?!"

"I'M the freak? You're banging on my door for no reason!"

Yoru simply stands there and watches you two argue while the other girl lays upon the ground. She seems unsure what to do now. "It's not for no reason! You did something to Hanako!"

"DID NOT!"

Yoru walks over to the girl on the ground and bends down, wrapping her hands around her neck. She starts examining the girls head, turning it from side to side. The girl stares back at Yoru in a mixture of confusion and shock from her nose being broken. Yoru lets out a disappointed hum and squeezes her neck. She stands up while lifting the girl up, choking her. "I suggest you leave before others search for you, as you're doing for your friend." She says quietly in her ear.

The girl pushes Yoru's head away and begins to yell at her while trying to breathe. "L-Let go of me!" She manages to get out.

"A-Asa, stop, that's a bit much.." You say and put your hand on her wrist. She snaps her head at you and looks you up and down before dropping the girl. She quickly gets up and sides with the other girl. Yoru pays no attention to them. She's only focused on your hand. She reaches to take your hand off her wrist, but stops. You take your hand off her and look to your side, but they've already left. Uh oh.