it's the thuggish ruggish bone

You turn your head away from Asa and back into the darkness. The devil slowly creeps out from the shadows and reveals itself. It's rather big, hovering over you. It has bits of flesh hanging off of it, and its eyes are as dark as the abyss behind itself.

Your scythe's pulse slowly rises as the devil slowly crawls closer to you.

"You're a devil too, huh? Which?"

"Heart."

"..I see. Why are you protecting a human? Wouldn't you rather join little ol' me?"

"Little? Fuck off, creep."

"You're too kind, sweetheart." It quickly extends its tentacle to grab you, but you move out of the way and grab it, squeezing it as hard as you can.

BPM: 80

You spin your scythe around and yank the devil closer to you, stabbing its jaw and ripping it off by pulling the scythe towards you. It extends another tentacle and throws you against the wall, choking you.

BPM: 87

You bite down on it and rip a chunk of it out. It shrieks in pain and lets go of you. You grab back on and throw yourself at it.

"HEART! FORM, SET FIVE!" Your heart stretches around and shapes into a whip plastered with razors all over. You run up its tentacle and jump over its head, landing on its back. You flip around and wrap your whip around its neck, pulling on it and severing its head off. Its head flies clean off while its grabs you, throwing you towards Asa. You land on your ice cream.

"MY ICE CREAM! MAN!" You get up and crack your whip, running back at it.

BPM: 112

"Y/N, just.. pick me up so we can run!"

"NO! MY ICE CREAM IS RUINED!"

"SERIOUSLY?!"

You slash back and forth at it, cutting multiple of its tentacles off. It doesn't have any left, so it charges at you. You move to the side a little.

Right as it passes by you, you reach your left hand out. Your hand phases through its chest as you grab its heart. You remove it and it stumbles to the ground. It starts mumbling something ineligible since its jaw was ripped off. You bend down next to it and wave its heart in its face. It lifts its head.

"Cuz of you, we gotta go get more ice cream. I ain't ate it in a few years, so now I'm all worked up. Plus, it's all over my clothes."

It tries banging its neck against you, but its growing weak.

"What's wrong? You feel helpless?"

The devil begins to use its shoulders to drag itself towards you, slowly shuffling your way.

"This is just sad. Alright." You stand up and back away.

"Heart, return." The whip turns back into your normal heart, and you place it back inside you.

"May your heart never return."

You crush its heart, and it stops moving. You sigh and drop it, brushing your hands off and walking over towards Asa.

"Asa, I'm really, really sorry, I just didn't want you to hate me.."

She stares at you, still somewhat in shock. "I don't.. I don't hate you.. it does explain a lot, though.."