i can't sleep no more

You jump down from the countertop and sit next to Chester. He looks at you and tries not to laugh. "What?" You ask.

"N-Nothing.."

Yoru looks down at you. You're unknowingly phasing through her. "Asa, could you take any longer?!" Chester yells towards her room while chuckling.

"How can you see me still? We're no longer a cat." Yoru says as she sits crisscrossed. Chester looks at her and then looks at you. Yoru sighs and gets up, walking to Asa's room.

"Why are you taking so long? And why do you care? You two are dating, no?"

"I'm still allowed to be embarrassed.." Asa whispers.

"Then hurry up and get dressed."

"Okay, but I'm not putting my uniform back on.."

You pet some of the kitties and roll around with them before Asa walks back into the hallway and kneels down beside you two. She picks you up, and you crawl onto her back.

"Sorry for all that.."

"Nah, I didn't mind. It just caught me off guard.." You say and place your head on her shoulder. She scratches behind your ear, and you purr. "You seem like you're used to being a cat." She comments.

"Huh? I've never been one.. maybe it's my spirit animal."

"Spirit animals aren't real, dumbass." Chester says and flicks his tail in your face as he walks to Asa's room.

"Woah, when'd you get all sassy?" You turn his head towards him. "Girl, I always been sassy. Mreooow mreow meow.." His army stumbles past the both of you into her room. Asa picks you up off her shoulder and holds you. "Chester said it only lasts for a while, but the longest it's ever lasted was a day." Asa says while walking into her room.

"Oh.. maybe you didn't get so lucky, then. I wonder how long it'll last for me."

"Yeah.. just in case, we should put you under a blanket or something."

"Nuh uh! I wanna enjoy this!"

"B-But, like, you'll-"

"Don't care. Put me down!"

Asa whimpers a little and places you on the bed. You run around in circles and roll all over the bed. She giggles a little and sits by Chester on the ground. "Will my question be answered now?" Yoru says above the two.

He waves his paw for her to get closer. She kneels down and tilts her head his way. "I think that's just how my power works.. I can't control y'all now, but maybe it just stayed like that? I don't really know much cuz I ain't been here long." He whispers quietly so you don't hear. You're making too much noise meowing and jumping around on the bed, anyway.

"Oh, I see. I assume you'd have to transform us into cats to undo it, correct?"

"Probably."

"Oh, well. Since we're companions, this is preferable."

You lay on your back and hang your head off the bed. Your head is now in between Asa and Chester.

"Whatchaaa guys talkiiin' about?" You say quietly.

Asa jumps a little. Seems you startled her a little. "O-Oh, we're just talking about things.."

"Oh, like what?"

"J-Just stuff.."

"Asa wants you to turn back into a human already so she can kiss-"

"CHESTER, I DIDN'T SAY ANY OF THAT?! QUIT IT!"