caught in-between love and fear

"Ow, ow, ow.." You mumble quietly as she puts bandages on your neck. "Again, I'm really sorry.." She says, placing the last bandage.

"Nah, it's okay, I promise." You reassure her, placing your hand on your neck and rubbing it. "That whole thing caught me off guard though."

"O-Oh.. haha.. yeah.. sorry.." 

Yoru, we're definitely talking about that later! You ruined my shirt and could've killed her!

"And?"

You- never mind. 

You look at the clock and realize how late it is. Seems both of your sleep schedules are gonna be all messed up for a while. "Hey, Asa.. do you think we have to go to school tomorrow?"

"Huh? Well, probably, yeah."

"Can we not go?"

"Uh.. why?"

"School's just been kinda stressful lately, and I'm sure our teacher won't care if we just take another day off. I'd rather spend the day with you." You say as you hold her hand.

"..."

"BUT, if you don't wanna, that's cool!"

Asa stays quiet for a little bit. It appears she's thinking it over. Now she's playing with her bangs. From the looks of it, she probably can't decide. 

"Asaaa.." 

"..."

"Asaaaaaaa..." You start to playfully poke her cheek. 

"..."

"..Do you really not know? It's just school."

She groans loudly and lays her head on your shoulder, wrapping her arms around you. "I don't wanna get behind.."

"Y'know, a lot of our classmates are probably gonna stay home too, since they were actually shaken up."

"You've got a point.. alright, fine."

"YAY! Okay, let's go shower."

"Like.. together?"

"Yuh huh."

"O-Okay.."

You slip into one of her pink sweaters after drying off. She wears a similar sweater. You roll yourself onto the bed and start sniffing the sweater, kicking your feet as you do. She giggles and joins you on the bed, kissing your nose. You bump into the wall and look at the window. You decide to open the blinds since it's a bit too dark, and you wanna see her face. You showered in the dark too, for whatever reason. It was comforting, though. 

"BWAH?!"
"AH!"

You both yell, seeing Chester scratching at the window. You open the window and he crawls through the blinds, flopping on top of you. 

"I hate both of you. I've been scratching at this window for so long and I've been UTTERLY ignored. It's shameful of BOTH of you. Terrible, even. Like, ain't no damn way you didn't hear my beautiful and unforgettable meows for that long. It was cold outside. It was windy. It was WET. My gorgeous fur is probably TAINTED because of the air quality outside. You know I can't be treated like this. It's just terrible. You're both horrible people. I can't believe you would do this to me. What sane pers-"

"Holy shit, Chester, we get it. You're upset. I'm sorry." You say as he loafs on you.

"No! You ain't sorry! If you.. were.. you.. hey.. what happened to your neck, dude.."