Chapter 46: Mighty Birthday Present

As the kinder chase after their little sharkos through the house, my wives leisurely show me their shopping list for today. Briefly scanning most of the items in their shopping cart, a few specific items catch my gaze - decorations.
- What are these for? | My wives grin.
Bismarck - For the terrace.
Tirpitz - It feels very empty there. | I nod at their words.

As our offspring sits down with us, panting, they ask us for a quick snack. I nod and move to the kitchen, quickly making them a few sandwiches.

Watching them eat, my phone vibrates aggressively. Taking it out in a rush, I read through the national weather alert spanning across my face. It's an alert for heavy rain with hail that will hit tonight.

I inform my wives in a soft tone, trying to avoid unnecessary concerns. Telling them about it, I realize that the last few days had quite high temperatures - considering the time of year. Thus making this hail rain a clear follow-up.

Heading outside, I feel reality shifting as the Kinder shoot off to play. Looking at the sky, it's clear and there's absolutely no sign of rain. Yet.

With the aid of my wives, I put up crude but reliable roofs over our flowers and crops. Hoping to shield them from the future harsh weather conditions.
Tirpitz - Think it will hold, Liebster? | My wife remarks the crude work we did.
- Should I hammer a few nails in, just to be sure?
Bismarck - A few more, Liebster. | My wife adds, teasingly.

Heading into the shack and returning with a few boxes of nails and a hammer, I start fastening the crude contraption I call a "roof". 
- That's the garden done... | I freeze in my tracks, remembering there are large tents available for purchase, to cover gardens and crops.

Explaining my thoughts to my wives, they agree on buying quite a few for their flower beds - for our makeshift contraption doesn't cover every corner of the flowerbeds. I don't want my wives' flowers to be damaged or even worse... killed. 

A while later, the tents arrive. I get dressed to put them up.
Bismarck - Should we help you, Liebster?
Tirpitz - It'll go faster. | I nod at them.

As we reach the flower beds, I unpack the transparent tents and their poles for fastening. My women hammer the poles into the ground as I span the tent across them.
In just an hour, my women and I put up 5 tents over their flower beds. Now they are safe from the hail.

Heading inside, Bismarck runs an "inventory" check on our kitchen, Tirpitz searches for the items Bismarck calls out. 
I move into the utility room, where I dust off the auxiliary generators and prepare them for the eventual - but hopefully not - power outage.

My wives turn on the downstairs living room TV, our Kinder sit with them as the local new channel covers the hail rain. Our Kinder watch closely, their Mamas lovingly cuddling with them.
Otto - Will it be bad, Mamas?
Frederika - We'll be safe, right?
Erika - We have to be! Our Mamas are here! Papa too!
Alfred - Will we have enough food for this? | I can't help but form a smile at their words.

I sit down with them on the couch, showing them the shopping cart of their Mamas.
- All this will be more than enough to get us through this hail rain~.
Bismarck & Tirpitz - We also have back-up generators for when the power might go out.
- Indeed we do. | The Kinder calm down greatly, loosening their bodies.

Hours later, as my women ordered the goods we need for tonight, my Kinder run up to me as I type away on my laptop.
Frederika - Papa! Papa! Look! | She holds up a drawing that depicts, their Mamas, me and them. 
- Well done! Want to put it somewhere? | I put my laptop aside, taking the drawing gently from her hands.
Alfred, Erika and Otto gather around me.
- You all drew this, right? | I look at it, with a deep feeling of joy in my heart. I dreamt of this day, that my Kinder will bring me a drawing of our family. 
Otto - We did! Do you like it?
- Of course I love it! | I immediately say.
Erika - We want to make more! 
- We have a big fridge, so we can put them all on there. If you four want to. | This drawing is now permanently stored in my heart. This proud feeling of seeing them behave like children and do stuff they want to do.
Alfred - We'll also work on academic stuff too! We won't be lazy! | I laugh at their determined expressions.
- I'm glad to hear it. Go show this to your Mamas. | I hand it back to them and watch them rush off to their Mamas with a large smile that reaches to my ears.

As the evening hours approach and so does the hail rain, I anxiously await the arrival of our supplies. It feels as if they take longer than usual to arrive, but time is relative - it can happen in two different places, at different speeds.

My phone rings, I immediately rush outside to get the package inside. My women excitedly unpack everything, I go check up on our Kinder in their LEGO room.
Opening the door gently, I peak inside.
- Everything okay, you eight? | I include their little sharkos.
Alfred - Yep! We're just a bit hungry.
Erika - But we'll wait on dinner. Besides we still have to do some things here.
Otto - We also still have to finish up this set.
Frederika - Please do tell us when food is fertig! Papa! | I nod at my Kinders' words and close the door. 

Returning to the kitchen, I look at my wives as they question their previous decisions on dinner - a Sakura dish involving Salmon.
In the background, I spot - through the kitchen window - the first hail hit the ground. Gradually, more and more hails fall and it becomes a pure downpour.
Tirpitz & Bismarck - The tents hold! They really hold!
- Indeed they do. | We watch as the tents that we span across our crops and flowers deflect the hails.

Back to our dinner, my wives decide to go through with their original idea of the Sakura dish with Salmon.
Biskeks and Denkpitz follow and a online preparation, step by step - they get to their desire stage of the meal - from here, they shift to their own ideas.

I quickly head upstairs to change into something more adequate for indoors. 

Back in the kitchen, I find our Kinder and their Mamas waiting for me. The Mamas hold their respective Kinder close.
I spot a cloth covering a small box that my offspring hold up together.
The Mamas & their Kinder - Happy Geburtstag, Papa! | My heart falls over and down the stairs, they take off the small elegant cloth - revealing a watch made from glittering steel. The watch hands are a dark red, a wine-like red with the background of the watch bearing the Iron Blood sigil.
- Thank you... Thank you so much! | I hold back tears as I put on the watch, it fits my left wrist perfectly!

I kneel down and hug my Kinder tightly, in a almost desperate manner. Their Mamas join in, forming a tightly loving family hug.
- I'll wear this all day! Anywhere I go! | I admire the mighty watch, its band carrying the initials of my family. Even my Wives' sharkos' initials. 

The smart radio plays relaxing music to fit the atmosphere, covering the annoying clack sounds as the hails hit various parts of our house's roof. I sit down at the table as I watch my wives prepare dinner and my Kinder drawing more art to fill the fridge's double door. 

The smart radio plays relaxing melodies to fit the serene atmosphere, covering the annoying sounds as the hails hit various parts of our house's roof.