Chapter 49: Familien Sommer Spaß

Disturbed by intense sweating, I check the temperature inside. Approaching the wall-mounted device that controls the AC, I see that the average temperature inside the home is over 20 degrees Celsius. 

My family safely sits in the kitchen with the window open, thus they don't notice it. Approaching them doing their work, I interrupt.
- I have to turn on the AC, it's over 20 degrees inside. Can you guys close the window, please? | Bismarck and Tirpitz nod at me worryingly, closing the window.
The Kinder - What's AC?
Tirpitz - It's the acronym for Air Conditioner.
The Kinder - Where is it? | They look around the interior, scanning for the thing that makes engine-like noises.
- It's the large white rectangle above the couches. It blows cool air into the house.

I head upstairs to open every door of the rooms, planning to leave them open throughout the day.

Looking outside from the gym, I see the heat rising from the concrete around our property.

Returning to the kitchen, I pour myself a cold glass of water and return to my work. Hours later, I check the weather - having plans in my head that I want to set in motion.
It's obviously summer now, without a doubt, the occasional rain is a 'side effect' of this massive heat. Setting it aside, it won't stop me from enjoying this season.

Checking the weather,  I watch the offspring head upstairs and close their doors. The sister join me on the couches, leaning on to me as they read my laptop's screen.
Bismarck - Liebster's planning a pool party!
Tirpitz - Hopefully the weather holds...!
- Oh it will. No doubt, at least till tonight. Then there's a 90% chance of rain.

Back to the topic of a pool party, I remember checking the soda supply this morning. Automatically, I also checked the ice cream supply, these two go hand in hand. Accompanied by a rich assortment of cold fruits. 
- What do you two say? 
Bismarck - We can start now! | Bismarck reaches up high, already hyped.
Tirpitz - Let's do it already! | Tirpitz leans back, laughing and rolling around in hype.
With both my wives hyped and ready for a 'Summer arrival party'... Now we just have to wait.

- I'm done with work, need me for anything.
Rising from their laid down positions, they ruffle my hair from their respective side, pulling and fluffing my floof.
Tirpitz & Bismarck - Hair cut time!
- Alright. Let's call the little ones too. I'll go.
Bismarck & Tirpitz - We'll get the spot ready! | Probably one between the kitchen and the living room.

Knocking on each of their doors, I watch them all open it in perfect synchronization. I tell them about their parents' plan for this late afternoon and they brighten up with excitement. 

Remarking my words, I notice that since we moved in here... We haven't used the pool much, we either were busy, or doing something else to pass the time. That'll change this summer, without doubt.

Marching downstairs with the Kinder, my wives explain to them what they must do to get 'access' to the pool party. Have their hair cut.
Firstly jumping on, Frederika and Erika, though the mothers kindly explain that Otto and Alfred should go first - as their haircut goes the quickest. I watch my wives turn from brilliant leaders and strategist to brilliant leaders and strategists with fabulous hair styling and cutting skills.

Next up, me. I sit down and my Kinder swarm around me, their mamas have a hard time navigating around me.
- What's up? Don't want me to get a haircut?
The Kinder - We want to help! We want to help!
- Mamas, you heard them. | I smile proudly, awaiting to hear their cute ideas | Please consider their suggestions.
Bismarck - Let's begin then! | I feel my women's grins forming, I know they have a plan devised already.

Starting to cut chunks of my hair off, my Kinder add their suggestions.
Bismarck - Like this?
The Kinder - Then gradually go down! | Following their wishes, Tirpitz and Bismarck finish giving me a new haircut. The top remains fluffy, for my wives' occasional floofing.