Chapter 1: Fired

"Kennedy!" A raised voice yelled across the office. Probably loud enough to shake up the whole 12 story building.

"Yes sir!" Kennedy ran into an office panting as her hair fell onto her face making her uncomfortable.

She stood straight tucking her hair at the back of her ears, trying not to make eye contact with the angry bearded man sitting at the desk in front of her.

The man slammed him hands onto his desk pulling himself up from his seat, startling Kennedy.

"YOU ARE FIRED!" He aggressively pointed to the door she was already standing at.

"B-but sir why!?" Kennedy's heart started pacing at her CEO's words.

"You promised me that you would get me that brand deal!" He furiously clenched his fists.

"Sir I'm so sorry-" Kennedy managed to stutter from fear looking down at her shoes.

"Sorry? Sorry!?" Kennedy squinted her eyes as he banged the table once more. "This was a million dollar contract!"

"I know I'm truly sorry sir, but next time-" Kennedy was cut off.

"Next time? There won't be a next time, leave my company at once!" He threw papers in her face.

"But sir I need this job!" Kennedy pulled her fingers trying to change his mind.

"If only Hailey was here. She was much better than you."

"Do you know why I chose you out of twenty other secretaries who are more qualified then you?" He sat down lowering his voice. "Do you?"

Kennedy thought about a possible answer but glanced at him and gently shaking her head in silence.

"Because you were the only Phirelis." He sighed. "Phirelis are loyal and smart humans, I'm sure you know your own kind." His eyebrows furrowed and he interlocked his fingers. "Pack up, and leave."

Kennedy argued no more and left the room to her office.

She started placing all her files and desk decor into it a box mocking her CEO under her breath. "Your fired. It was a million dollar contract." He'd never appreciated anything of what she's done for him.

She sighed picking up a photo frame of her and her friend. It was her best friend Hailey.

She had worked beside her for almost 3 years until she sadly passed away 2 years ago.

She was kidnapped and murdered. Well that's what the police told them before closing the case.

Kennedy picked up the square box by the cutout handles and started making her way downstairs.

She watched her boss as he spoke with some employees as she left through the revolving door.

She stuffed the box in her trunk and was about to get into the drivers seat when her boss came up behind her. "Don't be disheartened Kennedy. I'm sure you'll find a better job."

He innocently smirked in her face. But Kennedy just disgustingly furrowed her eyebrows and slammed her car door shut, getting inside.

She drove off rolling her eyes and badmouthing him.