Chapter 6: Little Maid

A week went by so fast.

Kennedy seemed to be adjusting well.

She was walking to her first class of the day and was just about to turn a corner when her face hit a hard chest. The books she was holding fell as she held her nose.

She scrunched she eyes holding her nose.

She looked up to see a brown haired guy with glasses who had one hand on the wall leaning against it.

"What was that for man!?" Kennedy angrily pouted.

"Sorry that was unplanned-" he gave an awkward smile.

"Unplanned? Then what were you planning?" She shot up a brow.

He smirked before making her brace against the wall staring at her as if he was going to eat her alive. "I have something to show you."

"Can't it wait? I have to go to potions, and that teacher hates me enough." She asked however she didn't have much of a choice.

"We're in the same class." The guy stated.

"Wait we are? Since when?" Kennedy swore she'd never seen him before.

"Since we got here, don't you pay attention to your classmates?" He scrunched his eyebrows.

"I have no desire to even be at this school, let alone to see who my classmates are." Kennedy still wasn't used to the idea of being here.

"Well I guess I'll have to introduce myself." He crossed his arms standing straight. "Alcott Jesse"

"You didn't have to but ok." Kennedy shrugged. "Kennedy-" She was cut off.

"I know who you are." He put a hand up. "Listen here." He leaned closer to her face making her uncomfortable.

"I want you to be my little maid." He smirked.

"Excuse you!" Kennedy scoffed in disbelief. "I am not a maid."

"Unless you want this to be shown to the principal." Alcott opened his hand as a light shone up out of it. In it looked like a photo which showed a clear view from a dorm of Kennedy sneaking out.

"H-how did you get this-" Kennedy had not seen a proper use of magic by a student.

"Magic." Alcott winked. Of course whenever someone told you this it was easy to assume it was fake but this wasn't.

"Whatever, get me expelled, I'd rather go home." Kennedy pushed him by the chest and started picking up her books.

"Oh did you not know?" Alcott sounded as if he felt bad. Kennedy paused not moving. "If you are expelled or desperate to go home, they suck out the powers in you." He knelt down next to Kennedy.

"And why would they do that?" Kennedy scoffed not believing a word.

"Oh no it's very true. And painful..." He began helping Kennedy pick up her books, not to be helpful or generous. "It's because you can't be trusted to use magic in the real world, only once you've learnt to control them."

They stood up as Kennedy looked at him a bit scared but skeptical.

"And you certainly cannot." Alcott laughed. "Sometimes it's even fatal." He whispered.

Maybe Kennedy was more scared than skeptical.

"So what do you say?" He smiled bent his head down to come to the same level as her.