Chapter 29: Reunited

They drove until it had become dark again.

They stopped to get some rest. Ezbern and Alcott had almost finished setting up the tents.

Kennedy zoned out wondering how much longer this would take.

She decided go into one of the made tents and write a letter to Professor Aurkins.

She sat down opening her bracelet.

"Dear professor Aurkins. A lot has happened. Unfortunately we lost a friend that helped us a lot. But the three of us are safe. And even Alcott Jesse had joined us on our journey. I don't know how much closer we are to getting back the crown but we're trying our best. I'll write back to you soon, Kennedy." Without even proof reading. She sent the letter.

She stepped out of the tent to find Alcott and Ezbern laughing together.

Theo was sitting beside quietly listening.

Kennedy made eye contact with Alcott and he looked away giving a quick smile.

Kennedy's cheeks burned remembering before.

She didn't know why she kissed him. Just seeing him made her so happy.

She went to go sit beside a small calm river.

She could see the shallow water reveal the round stones underneath a few fish swimming around.

She let her fingers run in the water when someone startled her.

"Hey."

Kennedy looked up to see Alcott awkwardly staring down at her.

"Hey." Kennedy smiled. "Sit down."

Alcott sat down clearing his throat. "So have you found anything about the crown?"

"Not yet. Just the map. I'm sure we can make it in another few... days..." Kennedy sighed.

"Hey it's gonna be ok. Well get there." Alcott held Kennedy's hand.

She instantly looked at it then back at him.

Everything he was about to say. She wouldn't of heard a word of.

She just stared at him as his voice muted and there seemed to be romantic music in the background-

She quickly snapped out of it when Alcott realized she wasn't listening.

"Kenn?" He chuckled.

"Oh yes totally." She smiled awkwardly.

Alcott burst into laughter. "No wonder I like you. You're too funny." He continued laughing as Kennedy tried processing what he just said.