Chapter 15: The Tournament Begins.

It was the day of the tournament and they were getting ready for the first task. There were six tasks in total. Each one would eliminate a certain amount of contestants.

All twelve competitors had a cabin which they all got ready in. They wore special made uniform which had their house color along with their names.

Kennedy sat nervously wondering what the first task was.

Outside. The entire school was gathered on bleachers waiting for the first round to begin.

Professor Leontes waited inside the Cabin making sure everyone was ready.

"Good luck." Jaynie hugged Kennedy right as professor Aurkins voice was heard from outside.

"Contestants, please get ready to begin the first task."

Kennedy took a deep breath and walked out the cabin door. The crowd roared as they clapped and cheered.

Kennedy looked around to see if she could spot any of her friends.

She spotted Ezbern and Theo waving two big blue and green banners which had 'Go Kennedy' and ' Go Jaynie' on them.

She chuckled as she gently elbowed Jaynie pointing to them.

Kennedy also spotted Alcott sitting beside the two crackheads.

He waved and she did to.

"The first task." Professor Aurkins silenced the crowd. "Our twelve contestants will make their way through this dark stone maze." Professor Aurkins pointed to a dark tunnel in front of them.

"The contestants will have to make their way to the end where they will find eleven charms. They will choose one and random and automatically be teleported back here. The last person will be eliminated." The crowed cheered. "However!" The principal raised his voice. "This maze contains various creatures and is full of magic. Contestants are allowed to use spells and skills. Good luck!"

The twelve of them lined up at the tall stone arch which led to darkness.

Professor Aurkins set off a flare and they were off.

They turned a corner before seeing wall torches lighting up the maze.