Chapter 7: Asking Out

Almost a whole year had passed and it wasn't as bad as Kennedy thought.

She surprisingly got close to Alcott although he'd keep the boundaries like he would never talk about his personal life much but Kennedy would spit out hers anyway.

Ezbern didn't really mind their friendship although it hurt him that she no longer sat with them in classes. She never told them about why she was friends with Alcott. On the other hand, Theodore was not having it. He didn't like a Hawksblaze taking away his first friend here.

One day during class, Professor Leontes announced something on the speakers. "All students are expected to be in the main hall within the next 20 minutes"

Everyone wondered why but they started making their way over just to be early. Also that Kennedy would be able to have some alone time with Ezbern and Theodore, luckily Alcott was 5 tables away. She did make often eye contact with him cause he always had eyes on her like a hawk. But at the same time he was so cold and calm. He was rarely happy about anything.

Once they made it to the hall Kennedy let out a long sigh of relief.

"What do you think it's about?" Ezbern asked.

"I don't know, maybe another classroom evacuation." Kennedy guessed because the last time they were called unexpectedly it was because someone had set a classroom on fire.

"If it was an evacuation they would of said immediately not within 20 minutes." Theodore made Kennedy sound stupid. He looked back down at his book.

"You're always reading or doing homework do you ever do anything else?" Ezbern scoffed.

"What can I say, I'm just smart." Theodore winked.

They continued talking when Jaynie make then shush. "Guys be quiet Professor Aurkins is here." Jaynie was the only proper female friend Kennedy had.

They were like the sisters they never had.

"Hello students, I hope you all are doing well it is getting to end of the year and I would like to announce something." Everyone was intrigued.

"All of you have been working hard and we believe you deserve a break, many of you miss your families and home town therefore all of the professors have agreed to let you to spend new years and Christmas with your families." Everyone started cheering and clapping.

No one was happier than Kennedy.

"From the 20th of December to January 28th, you will all be sent home unless some wish to stay in the school." Everyone cheered louder.

"However there will be a few rules." The noise died down.

"Magic is forbidden to be used while you are gone. And there will be no unnecessary mention of the Academy even with your parents or guardians. They have all been sent letters explaining you are here for further studies"

"But before everyone is sent home, we have organized a special event as a well done to your first year at Concealed Academy. It will be the Daine Ball or what normal folks call it 'prom'.

"Students are permitted to bring someone special along with them for a lovely dance."

"Now you all may proceed to your classes."

The hall filled with loud gossips.

"We get to go home!" Kennedy was so happy.

"And a ball! This is amazing." Ezbern and Kennedy squealed being excited.

"What about you Theo? Aren't you excited you get to go home?" The two turned to him still so into his book although looking like he was so serious, that was just him when reading.