Chapter 19: Fifth Task

Kennedy was getting more nervous by the tasks.

If she finished this one, she would make it to the final task.

Jaynie was able to walk again and they both waited in the cabin for the beginning of the fifth task.

"Contestants please line up!" One by one everyone stepped out and stood in a line.

"For our second last task, our contestants will be put into the Forest of Annavia and they will try find another item." 

Kennedy sighed, It would probably just be like the water task but she couldn't relax now.

They were set off.

The five remaining were teleported into the forest and they all ran in different directions.

It was dark and the sky was impossible to see from the tall big trees.

It was just her and her breath and feet crunching on the gravel and dirt under her shoes.

She stopped in her tracks to catch her breath.

She looked around but it was quiet and still.

She continued walking around trying to find the item.

She walked for ages wondering if she'd ever find it.

No one besides the professors had come into the forest before.

She kept jogging around trying to find anything but it was dead silent and the deeper she went into the forest, the darker it became. Luckily the moon was able to peak from the trees giving enough light.

 She checked around each tree stump and bushes.

Suddenly she heard something behind her.

She froze as sweat dripped from her forehead.

She slowly turned around and didn't see anything.

Before she could continue searching she saw a large shadow emerging.

"Ignite" Kennedy whispered under her breath and a small flame floated in her palm.

Just as the odd looking creature was about to come out from behind the trees, Kennedy took steps back.

Kennedy was ready to through flames but it just ended up being Aaron.

He laughed looking at her scared face.

"What happened dear Kennedy? Scared?" He walked in front of her.

Kennedy rolled her eyes, she didn't want to talk to him at all.

"Come on why so red?" he put an arm around Kennedy and she immediately shoved him off.

"Don't touch me." 

"Alright alright." Aaron stepped back.

"You find everything just so funny don't you?" Kennedy scoffed.

"What can I say? That's just me." Aaron responded.

Kennedy turned around and started walking off, she didn't want to be distracted by him even more.

"Slowly there princess you'll hurt yourself." Just as Aaron called that out Kennedy tripped on a tree root and fell onto her elbows.

Aaron came jogging up to her to try help her up and but she got up before he stopped.

"Why are you following me?" Kennedy brushed off the dust.

"I kinda feel bad for what happened between you and Alcott so I thought I'd help you look." Aaron stuffed his hands into his shorts pockets.

"Thanks but no thanks, I don't need help." Kennedy refused. "Especially from you, aren't you his friend?" 

"Yeah but it's not like I really like him, I just stick with him because I don't really have anyone else." Aaron shrugged.

"Would you look at that." Kennedy crossed her arms. "Aaron Edger, The French boy all the girls swoon over and the one who has talked to almost every guy in the school doesn't have friends."

"Laugh all you want, because nothing you say will effect me." Aaron moved closer.

Kennedy gulped as she felt her back hit a tree and Aaron leaned closer to her face.

"Now that Alcott isn't here anymore." Aaron bit his lip. "Can I ask you out again?"

"What if I said no?" Kennedy smirked in a playful way.

"Then I'll keep asking." Aaron smiled.

"What if I say this?" Kennedy flirtatiously put a hand on Aaron's chest and leaned closer to his ear almost resting her face on his shoulder.

"Get the fuck off me." Kennedy gritted her teeth.

Before Aaron could understand, she had kicked him in the stomach and he stumbled back.

"Damn you got stronger." Aaron just chuckled on the ground, slowly getting up.

Does anything effect this guy?

Kennedy just walked off in search of the item.

Before Aaron could catch up to her, she sprinted away disappearing into the trees.

Kennedy stopped panting and then she spotted a shiny object on a pedestal.

She squinted her eyes to get a better look and it seemed to be another bracelet.

She smiled as she walked towards it.

She was just a metre away when something cold and hard grabbed her ankles and made her slip.

It started dragging her away as she tried wriggling away.

She saw it was some magical vines which were leading her somewhere.

Kennedy held onto a large rock the almost split her in half.

She felt like the vines were going to pull her legs off when noticed smaller rocks around the big one.

She picked the sharpest one up and sliced the vines away.

They squealed before slithering away.

Kennedy stumbled to her feet and ran back to the bracelet.

She picked it up and observes it.

It was a little bigger than a bracelet and little different too.

That's when Kennedy saw a foot mark on the pedestal.

She realized it was a anklet and put it on.

Just then she was teleported back to the crowd.

She spotted Jaynie on the bleachers and immediately hugged her.

They were both going to the final round!.

But there was still one more contestant to return.

They waited for ages when all three boys were teleported back.

But the one who had the anklet. Was Aaron.

The crowd roared and some girls squealed at Aaron.

Kennedy was surprised, she's have to compete against him. Not that she was scared. But she didn't know what he was capable of.

"Congratulations winners! Jaynie Corette, Kennedy Caddelle and Aaron Edger, you three will face each other in the next task to find the tournaments winner!" Professor Aurkins cheered.

They were all given a week to rest before the last task...