Chapter 8: The Daine Ball

Kennedy was getting ready in her room as Jaynie helped her do her hair and makeup.

"Are you sure it's not too much-" Kennedy watched herself as Jaynie added some finishing touches.

"No you look amazing!" Jaynie faced the mirror. "I best go now, Ezbern's waiting, and I have to help my other friend get ready quickly." Jaynie walked to the door.

"Thanks a lot Jaynie!" Kennedy stood up waving at her.

She finished doing her hair and had her dress on ready to go.

She has a cute dark green sleeveless crop top with a small V cut neck in the middle and bottom with a light green princess long skirt with a slit on one side. She quickly tied the strings hanging from the sides of her top. They weren't supposed to be sleeves but it looked cute.

She left the dorm and walked down the stairs. 

Her heels made her feel so tall and that she was going to fall over.

She held tightly onto the railings and made it to the end.

She picked up her dress and walked to the main hall entrance.

Ezbern stood at the bottom of the entrance stairs where he waited for Jaynie.

Suddenly he saw something in the corner of his eye. He whipped his head looking at Kennedy who was looking down at him.

He looked adoringly at her as she slowly made her way down. 

Just as she made it to the last few steps she slipped and fell onto her butt.

Ezbern quickly ran over putting one foot on a few stairs above the other.

"Are you ok?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, just maybe I won't be able to sit for the rest of the night-" Kennedy groaned as she also couldn't help laughing.

"You look stunning." Ezbern commented taking a closer look at her dress.

"Thank you, you look good yourself." Kennedy eyed Ezbern up and down looking at his fancy suit. "Jaynie's on her way, she's helping another friend get ready." 

Ezbern nodded.

Kennedy held onto Ezberns hand about to get up but someone interrupted.

"May I?" 

Kennedy and Ezbern looked up to see Alcott looking very charming in his black suit.

"He's your date!?" He whisper yelled to Kennedy.

Kennedy nodded feeling her cheeks a little red.

Alcott put both his hands out as Kennedy held onto them both.

She stood up and as she was about to let go of his hands he quickly pulled her making her fall forward.

Before she could fall onto him he held onto her waist twisting her down looking into her eyes.

Kennedy looked up at him surprised. Alcott then pulled out a pretty rose from nowhere and handed it to her.

As her hand grazed his taking it from his hands, he made her stand up putting his arm out.

"May I have this dance?" He said quite seductively and Kennedy took his hand.